Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's funny how Bob Arum is trying to keep the Pinoy money stream going...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Birkonian View Post
    ... having Nonito Donaire beating up on all these over-the-hill, hispanic midgets. Please tell me we aren't gonna have to endure the P*ctards (really sad that they felt it necessary to censor such a word) jumping from one overhyped, fraudster nutsack to another...
    Why wouldn't Bob keep it going? There is money to be made and the market is still pretty hot. If he didnt put support to Donaire's people it would be very bad business.

Now, I dont believe Nonito is as high as some P4P but he is a titlist and currently on the best streak of all Filipino fighters. He puts asses in the seats and it adds fuel to the rivalry. If that is what the sport of boxing needs to flourish, so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
      Why wouldn't Bob keep it going? There is money to be made and the market is still pretty hot. If he didnt put support to Donaire's people it would be very bad business.

Now, I dont believe Nonito is as high as some P4P but he is a titlist and currently on the best streak of all Filipino fighters. He puts asses in the seats and it adds fuel to the rivalry. If that is what the sport of boxing needs to flourish, so be it.
      excellent post. really nothing more to be said.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
        Donaire is great fighter, but that fight against Arce was a mismatch. It should have never happened. I don't know what the point of a fight like that is. Donaire does not gain anything from beating that dude up. I guess it's more about keeping business in-house.
        it was just icing on the cake (the money and the KO)...donaire previous to that fight fought 3 guys ranked in the top ten of the division. he fought vazquez jr (young former champion) for the vacant WBO belt, he fought mathebula (IBF world champion), and he fought nishioka (ranked #1, former WBC world champion - was only stripped of his title). as a result he unified the WBO and IBF and became the ring magazine champ. he didn't need to fight for the fourth time, but he did and he gave us an awesome KO and got a well deserved 1million for it...donaire will most likely fight rigo next year..maybe not next but i guarantee you rigo will be one of donaire's opponents in 2013.

Comment

donaire is jesus.

Comment

Why wouldn't he want their money? They're one of the biggest groups out there and they like to spend their money to see their favorites for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X