Collapse
No announcement yet.

i feel the sergio martinez of 2010 would beat current GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin beats any version of Sergio Martinez.

The hands down thing would never play well.

Comment

Originally posted by The Vision... View Post
      Golovkin beats any version of Sergio Martinez.

The hands down thing would never play well.
      Good point. Sergio doesn't use the high guard, and he's very hittable against a long, snapping jab.

Comment

Shoulda Woulda Coulda

Comment

ggg gets hit more with his hands up that sm gets hit with hands down lol

Comment

The weird thing is - and oddly, I'm not sure why it hasn't made major headway - is that it's no longer 2010.

Comment

I think GGG is odd's on now, Martinez is getting hurt in one way or another in each of his last few fights and walks away less and less healthy which is a massive shame.

3 years ago, definitely much closer, if Martinez can keep him at distance and use his reach, manage to move for 12 rounds he'd have taken it.

But GGG is a harder hitter than Murray or Chavez, and I think GGG even then would trouble him with a flush shot by the mid rounds. Tough to call if Martinez would've ground out the decision.

Comment

A prime Martinez still had his weaknesses, balance being one of them, fatigue, falling asleep defensively too, so Golovkin would have always had a good shot, right now though I don't see it being competitive. Lets not make a prime Martinez be out to be something he's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post
                  ggg gets hit more with his hands up that sm gets hit with hands down lol
                  that would be golovkins problem.......martinez had much faster feet, hand speed, and he had the much better accuracy of his punches. golovkin doesn't move his head and comes in stiff............speedy little fighters will always be a problem for golovkin let alone 2011 martinez.........i can't believe that people actually think theres a correlation between 2011 martinez and the martinez that we have today after knee surgeries.

Comment

A prime Sergio lost a close fight to Williams. I can't imagine GGG doing anything but knocking Williams out.A prime Sergio had to settle for a draw with Cintron even though he should have won Again I can't imagine GGG not knocking Cintron out. To me GGG knocks Sergio out on the best day he ever saw. That's just my honest opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X