heavyweight help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavyweight help

yea at xmas, i weighed 265 now i weigh under 235 and i only bench 240
    but i can do 25 correct pushups, everyone says im progressing really good so far so i guess im not asking for training help just more or less what my goals should be, im 5'11 and 19, i've gone 6 rounds of sparring before, but i was beyond exhuasted afterwards, and my mileage is at 5 miles, im guessin i should be weighin 220 before my first fight and i wanna bench 250 before then, so any helpful info would be greatly appreciated, and i have a great reach my finger tips r only like 4 inches above my kneecaps, haha all my friends say im like a white liston, even though my favorite has to be "the greatest"

5 miles at that weight? Jesus christ. You must be quite the power walker!

Only kidding. Good job at the weight loss though!

Comment

not to brag or anything. Im 5'9" 19 at christmas I was 290 now Im 260lbs. I can do 50 straight pushups. I can bench more than 240 easy, but you got me with the 5 miles and the sparring, I cant get people to spar with me. ts ridiculous.

Comment

yea i dunno how i do the mileahe myself, i just get my mind off running and before you kno it im home, but about the benching, how long is your reach, cuz i know from football that a lot of the shorter runningbacks could bench more than the tackles but the tackles of course had longer arms and could push the rbs around town

Comment

Originally posted by dabearso6 View Post
          yea i dunno how i do the mileahe myself, i just get my mind off running and before you kno it im home, but about the benching, how long is your reach, cuz i know from football that a lot of the shorter runningbacks could bench more than the tackles but the tackles of course had longer arms and could push the rbs around town

70 inch reach, my upper body is very muscular though.

Comment

sooo ummm does anyone have any numbers i should work at

Comment

Originally posted by dabearso6 View Post
              sooo ummm does anyone have any numbers i should work at

its kinda hard to make sense of what your asking

Comment

i guess just how much i should weigh before my first match, i know everyone says that everyones body is different, but im 5'11 so a few guesses would be nice just to get an idea, and maybe how much i should be benching or how many push ups i should be able to do
                or even how many rounds of sparring i should go non stop

Comment

here is a little bit of me training i was like 242 when this was filmed so i've slimmed down a tinybit since then

Comment

Your trainer should give you what you need to know. If you dont have a trainer, get one. I think should you get your weight down to under 220. That will add some speed. Work the heavy bag 10 rounds 3 minutes each. 1 minute in between rounds. Same drill on the speed bag. As you progress you will notice a big change in your stamina. Are you running 5 miles a day? If your walking 5 miles, change it up and run 3 miles instead. Most fighters like to run early in the morning. Don't worry about weight lifting so much, bulk will slow you down. Work on upper body strength.

Get in proper condition before sparring.

Comment

Working...
                    X