Carl Froch v George Groves on November 23rd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Froch v George Groves on November 23rd

Cobra set for Groves showdown

CARL FROCH will defend his IBF world super-middleweight title against George Groves on November 23.

A deal was yesterday thrashed out with Sky TV to screen the grudge bout.

Four-time world champion Froch has been forced into a showdown with domestic rival Groves earlier than he would have liked.

It was a clash touted for 2014 but the IBF insisted they would strip Froch of his title unless it went ahead this year.

Groves was named as the mandatory challenger to Froch, who also holds the WBA super-middleweight title.

Negotiations were difficult and both Matchroom, Froch’s promoter and Hayemaker, who look after Groves, asked for a week’s extension to wrap up the deal.

That deadline passed yesterday with contracts agreed and it is understood an official announcement to confirm the date and venue will be made shortly.

Froch is on record saying he would never relinquish any of his hard-fought titles and was ready to face Londoner Groves if an agreement could be reached.

His aim is to fully unify the division and he still burns for revenge on Andre Ward, the WBC champion, after he lost to American on points in December 2011.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...vember-23.html
    George Groves
    10.00%
    Carl Froch
    90.00%
    Draw
    0.00%

I hope this isnt a ppv.

Comment

**** it im gonna say it.
      Froch ducking Ward....... Yes I know the title etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
        I hope this isnt a ppv.
        It won't be PPV according to Froch's promoter.

Originally posted by Malius View Post
        **** it im gonna say it.
        Froch ducking Ward....... Yes I know the title etc.
        Ward's fighting in September. Froch was never going to be his comeback fight.

Comment

I think this is a winnable fight for Groves if he keeps tight boxes clever, however you gotta vote for froch at this stage...Groves has been hirt quite badly in fights with lesser competition ( anderson and paul smith).......ok he ended up winning these fighrs in impressive fashion.

The form book would say that froch brings far to much intensity and smart pressure for groves to handle. But there is something about the way he fights, everytime he fights o wonder if this is the fight where his chin lets him down ( it will one day if he keeeps blocking punches with his face)......but then again every fight his granit chin allows him to walk through his opponents best shots and unload his own.

I think its going to take a smart boxer with great ring craft to beat froch.....ie ward again.

Groves is a little ro easy to drag into a war and there should only be one winner in a grinding slugfest.......froch.

I can see groves starting to build an early lead before getting dragged into a tradeoff where he gets stopped middle to late rounds.....BUT........if this is the fight where froch's chin doesnt hold up....the Groves has enough power to crack it.

Comment

Unless Froch gets old overnight, Groves is getting smashed to pieces. I'm not convinced about his chin at all.

Comment

Wonder where all these MMA haters are saying that boxing is a dead sport hahaha

Comment

I'm interested to see this

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=604352&page=2

Comment

I did have a look as I thought the thread might've already been made but I didn't see it.

Comment

Working...
                    X