Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Ali ever hurt in his fight with Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
    Ali didn't cheat in that fight, angelo dundee cheated, he slit open ali's glove on purpose so he could get 5 min to recover.
    apparently theres proof that there was a small slit in that round before he went down, think theres a pic somewhere

Comment

Just rewatched that amazing fight. To answer the question I think at most Ali was slightly stunned a couple times, if even that. Because he'd take a huge shot, look like he's affected but he would be either on the attack or show footwork with no weary legs like right after. Just amazing durability on Ali. Just a freak of nature.

Comment

I heard on some interview a guy said he'd watch Ali go to sleep from a punch and wake up after geeting hit again lol. I don't remember where but I think it was the when we kings or one with his fight doctor

Comment

Ali didn't cheat in that fight, angelo dundee cheated, he slit open ali's glove on purpose so he could get 5 min to recover.
          If that's true, why is no knife or razor seen in the footage of that fight and why is there no more than a minute elapsed when watching that fight before Ali and Cooper continue fighting? And smelling salts were legal, probably still are. Trainers just don't use them anymore because they're not safe, can cause brain swelling.

Comment

Why don't people even watch the fight they claim to know about? Mate, just go watch the fight. It'll enlighten you and stop you looking like a complete **** the next time you just repeat some BS rumour you saw on the internet somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              If that's true, why is no knife or razor seen in the footage of that fight and why is there no more than a minute elapsed when watching that fight before Ali and Cooper continue fighting? And smelling salts were legal, probably still are. Trainers just don't use them anymore because they're not safe, can cause brain swelling.

smelling salts are illegal in boxing corners today. i'll have to do some digging to figure out when they were banned from region to region.

i'm not certain if doctors still use them to revive unconscious fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                Why don't people even watch the fight they claim to know about? Mate, just go watch the fight. It'll enlighten you and stop you looking like a complete **** the next time you just repeat some BS rumour you saw on the internet somewhere.
                Probably the quickest 5 minutes I've ever seen, almost feels like it was just the normal interval time.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post

Did you hear about when Willie Pep scored a devastating KO without even throwing a punch?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    smelling salts are illegal in boxing corners today. i'll have to do some digging to figure out when they were banned from region to region.

i'm not certain if doctors still use them to revive unconscious fighters.
                    i'm sure a study showed they increase the chance of blood clots, which is really bad in boxing.

speaking from memory though.

Comment

Clay got, at the most, 11 extra seconds of recovery.

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      Did you hear about when Willie Pep scored a devastating KO without even throwing a punch?
                      That was against Rocky Marciano, although Marciano was using another name, which is why Rocky is incorrectly considered to have retired undefeated.
                      Last edited by SBleeder; 01-17-2013, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X