No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins-Dawson: No Contest, No Rematch...No Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    Too much is made of Dawson hooking hopkins leg, when it was Hopkins who initiated the whole fiasco by diving onto Dawson's back.

By the way, since when does a hurt shoulder keep anybody from standing up?
    You act like Hopkins knew Dawson would do that if he leaned over him! Why would Hopkins be worried at that point? He wasn't getting hit and Hopkins was looking comfortable in there. As far as the shoulder goes...why would he stand up if he knew his shoulder was jacked? He's not stupid enough to fight on with a torn shoulder AND THEN get an L cuz he can't go on. He did the right thing by staying down.

Comment

Rematch, I'd rather block this fight out and imagine the next fight with Dawson to be the first time. Seein as I wouldn't call the first one a fight, barely even got goin before Dawson thought he was John ''Bones'' Jones pullin that MMA move

Comment

I didn't read the article.

What a worthless piece of history anyway.

And of posterity's sake from a boxing fan here are my opinions:

1). Many boxing fans including me pegged Hopkins to at least show up in the fight against Dawson like he did against Pascal.
        - What we got instead was a disgusting pull out of Hopkins by pretending to get hurt on a tackle by Dawson.

2). And when the fight ended in that manner boxing fans like me threw up.

3). Bernard Hopkins Jr. will never be the A-side on any boxing match if he continues boxing.

To me Bernard Hopkins Jr. is an anomaly good for him if he wins and whatever if he loses. No consistent cheering given to him as his career is the weirdest to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by sananman50 View Post
          It really bothers me how Boxingscene always uses this same picture of Hopkins when ever they do a cover story on him. The picture is not very flattering and personally, I feel like they use it to make him look less intelligent. Just my opinion though. Change it up Boxingscene.
          i agree with you dear sir

Comment

In betting terms does it mean the losers can claim refund from CSAC doesn't make any sense..

Comment

Lets get a couple things right here. Hopkins didn't jump on Dawson's back. Hopkins predicable right hand lead Chad slipped and Hopkins bad balance from that lead lead his momentum onto Chad.

Now what I find hilarious is this. Antwun Echols threw Hopkins down MUCH MORE viciously than Dawson did. Hopkins wanted to KICK Echols azz after getting over the pain.

In this fight he not only wasn't eager to get up but said, "with one arm?" in the most tamest of Hopkins tones.

When you add that Hopkins has HISTORY of Oscar Nominated performances

1. Robert Allen
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCPwhkUuJU#t=2m33s

So we're REALLY supposed to believe Mills Lane's "LEFT ARM" had enough force to push Hopkins completely out of the ring on a break? Allen was CLEARLY winning that round..

2. Joe Calzaghe
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3gMN-Qhtd0#t=2m38s

At the time I didn't want to admit it but Hopkins was gased and took a breather and faked like there was a low blow when Calzaghe threw NOTHING there.

3. Roy Jones II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Z4D...elated#t=2m22s

Roy did hit him in the back of the head no doubt. But Hopkins reaction and long delay again, come on.

I'm sorry I use facts to make my judgements and now we have the Chad Dawson incident. Show me a boxer in recent memory that has a history of doing things like this? If this was Hopkins first incident, sure I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. But it isn't

Either fight Dawson or give up the title and retire.

Comment

Despite the fact that this fight was boring for the first two rounds, I'd really want to see this fight again. Obviously at a better venue and not on PPV.

Comment

This is very disappointing, im a big Hopkins fan and agree that it should have been a no decision the first time around but didnt mind seeing Dawson awarded the belt cause he was gonna win, every Hopkins fan including myself know what he does and all his dirty tactics, we just let them slide , but as much as i love the guy it is clear as day he is scared of Dawson and wants no part of him, to not give him a rematch after the way the first fight went down is almost like Pascal not giving Hopkins a rematch, very very weak decision and i have lost some respect for him.
                  I dont want to hear anything about the fight wont sell or he is not a big draw here or there, thats a load of cr@p, for the good of boxing they should fight, boxing is destroying itself. if they dont fight Hopkins has no claim to the best LH in the world. Chad Dawson, you are the new king of the LH division, the torch has been passed.

Comment

Originally posted by EAAE View Post
                    This is very disappointing, im a big Hopkins fan and agree that it should have been a no decision the first time around but didnt mind seeing Dawson awarded the belt cause he was gonna win, every Hopkins fan including myself know what he does and all his dirty tactics, we just let them slide , but as much as i love the guy it is clear as day he is scared of Dawson and wants no part of him, to not give him a rematch after the way the first fight went down is almost like Pascal not giving Hopkins a rematch, very very weak decision and i have lost some respect for him.
                    I dont want to hear anything about the fight wont sell or he is not a big draw here or there, thats a load of cr@p, for the good of boxing they should fight, boxing is destroying itself. if they dont fight Hopkins has no claim to the best LH in the world. Chad Dawson, you are the new king of the LH division, the torch has been passed.
                    Wow a genuine boxing fan on boxingscene. Not many of us around it seems.

Comment

Working...
                    X