Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather fights Canelo at 154 would it be for the Ring/Lineal Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    Its not really the same. As mentioned below 154 is a weaker division and its much more cloudy. Nishioka is the certified #1. There is no question about that. There is no fighter u can say that about at 154. And besides, this is Floyd Mayweather and he's been a champ at the weight in the past. Donaire is good but he's not Mayweather.
    Nishioka is the certified man at #1. Donaire didn't come in and beat the #1 guy he beat some lower ranked fighters... hence why he's not #1 exactly. Cotto was considered #1 at 154 mainly because a lot of the younger talent while good are unproven. Also floyd fought at 154 has a title, and who do you see in that weight class beating him? Hence the #1 ranking. Everyone says his only challenge is Sergio whos at 160 so why not be #1 at 154?

Comment

Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
      The rankings are subjective (obviously) and they aren't based soley on who's been in the division longest. There's some speculation. That division has no one ranked on anyones p4p list. So when the #1/2 p4p fighter steps in and beats arguably the best the division has to offer what are the ranking press to do? Rank him 4th?
      P4P rankings are based on whoever you beat, division rankings are based on what you did in that division

And again how did cotto become "arguably best in the division has to offer"?

And i didnt say you had to be there long, i said its mostly based on who you beat. But cotto beat Foreman and became #1? Cmon thats a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        P4P rankings are based on whoever you beat, division rankings are based on what you did in that division

And i didnt say you had to be there long, i said its mostly based on who you beat. But cotto beat Foreman and became #1? Cmon thats a joke

Generally who you beat but I think the ring bases it off how you look and who they think you'll beat in a matchup. Generally most people think Cotto would beat the 154 lb division and he's proven himself before hence the ranking.

Comment

You're living in an idealist world. There was no clear no. 1 in the division. The 154lb division is full of green but decent fighters nothing spectacular. Cotto was overall the most experienced and proven fighter in the division. Granted he does not have much depth in the division but he deserves some benefit of the doubt - that's boxing. The most "proven" fighters in that division have 1st rd KO losses, controversial losses to said fighter, losses to Kermit/wins over kermit. In any case, where was Yuri Ranked with he beat Yuri? Wasn't he like top 4 or 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
            Generally who you beat but I think the ring bases it off how you look and who they think you'll beat in a matchup. Generally most people think Cotto would beat the 154 lb division and he's proven himself before hence the ranking.
            So Vlad should be #1 in each division

Comment

You're living in an idealist world. There was no clear no. 1 in the division. The 154lb division is full of green but decent fighters nothing spectacular. Cotto was overall the most experienced and proven fighter in the division. Granted he does not have much depth in the division but he deserves some benefit of the doubt - that's boxing. The most "proven" fighters in that division have 1st rd KO losses, controversial losses to said fighter, losses to Kermit/wins over kermit. In any case, where was Yuri Ranked with he beat Yuri? Wasn't he like top 4 or 5?
              Yea cotto was the most experienced and proven, in 147 and 140 that is

Oh ok so cotto is #1 because he deserves the "benefit of the doubt". Didnt knoe that was how rankings are determined.

And Foreman was #6

Then after Wolak beat foreman, he became #6 and then Rodriguez drew and beat Wolak and didnt even Crack top 10, but cotto makes #1 after beating #6

Comment

So Vlad should be #1 in each division
                Effing HILARIOUS!

You're being too extreme. It's subjective... The boxing pundits have spoken. We can diagree but in the case I choose not to. You would be hard pressed to find any SWW rankings with Floyd, Cotto or Canelo ranked lower

Comment

Effing HILARIOUS!

You're being too extreme. It's subjective... The boxing pundits have spoken. We can diagree but in the case I choose not to. You would be hard pressed to find any SWW rankings with Floyd, Cotto or Canelo ranked lower
                  Its subjective bro. I'd take Vlad over any other person on the planet, therefore he's #1

Comment

Working...
                  X