Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you find the straight right hand wants to turn into a looping punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you find the straight right hand wants to turn into a looping punch?

So even when you sit on the punch and even take a step first, it wants to turn into a hook?

Is that why some of the most powerful punchers never throw a straight right? (Shavers, Foreman, Tyson, Bowe, Ruddock, Tua, Marciano, etc etc etc)

Jack dempsey said a straight punch is an impure punch since its come from a rotation and wants to turn into a loop if throw with max power.

Do all good straight rights have a little bit of overhand (from sitting down) and hook (from impurity) to them?
    Last edited by AlexKid; 01-09-2014, 09:41 AM.

No, every time I threw a straight right it was exactly that...a straight right! Otherwise, it would have been an overhand right, or right hook.

Not trying to be a prick, but if what you say happens to you, then you need more practice throwing the straight right. Unless you want to get countered straight to hell cause once they figure out that your right hand is always looping, it's game over.
    Last edited by -Huey-; 01-09-2014, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
      No, every time I threw a straight right it was exactly that...a straight right! Otherwise, it would have been an overhand right, or right hook.

If what you say happens to you, the. You need more practice throwing the straight right.
      Does Jack Dempsey need more practice too?
      Last edited by AlexKid; 01-09-2014, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
        Oh, I know you just didnt compare yourself to a legend!

Comment

Oh, I know you just didnt compare yourself to a legend!
          Im asking about what he wrote. Not comparing myself.

You seem to assume you know better than Dempsey that is arrogant.
          Last edited by AlexKid; 01-09-2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Im asking about what he wrote. Not comparing myself.

You seem to assume you know better than Dempsey that is arrogant.
            Never even mentioned Dempsey, dumbass.

I answered your question, NO it doesn't not happen to me! When I throw a straight right hand, it is exactly that, A STRAIGHT RIGHT HAND!

I also pointed out that you need to practice throwing the straight right hand, as you pointed out that you don't know how to throw one.

The legends probably didn't make it that far just because their straight right hands were not straight, but looping right hands...they obviously processed other attributes.

Comment

Im pretty sure Jack Dempsey was able to throw a straight right hand. Same goes for any elite boxer especially at a professional level. Maybe he felt more effective with throwing a looping right hand but i doubt its because he couldnt a straight one.

If you cant throw a certain punch then its a flaw in your offensive arsenal. Personally i only throw a looping right hand if i see that my opponent has a tight and high guard.

Comment

Never even mentioned Dempsey, dumbass.

I answered your question, NO it doesn't not happen to me! When I throw a straight right hand, it is exactly that, A STRAIGHT RIGHT HAND!

I also pointed out that you need to practice throwing the straight right hand, as you pointed out that you don't know how to throw one.

The legends probably didn't make it that far just because their straight right hands were not straight, but looping right hands...they obviously processed other attributes.
                You sound mad bro

Comment

My right hand wants to stab AlexKid to death.

Comment

You wanna do a bit of that put two hoops in the air and punch through them then gradually make the hoops smaller to straighten out your punch. Or just slow the punch right down, break it apart and discipline the straight line back into it. Maybe in the mirror.

Comment

Working...
                    X