No announcement yet.

Tyson, Ray Robinson, Lamotta, Leonard were way harsher in their women beatings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
    how is cheating on her worse? both are bad i dont think i could say cheating is worse than beating a woman
    Remember Kobe Bryant and Tiger Woods?? They lost endorsements just for cheating on there wife, people seriously take stuff to seriously though. Plus some fans boycotted them.

But yea, cheating is not worse than beating a women.

Comment

Originally posted by TKO6 View Post
      Than Floyd. And yet people always talk as if Floyd is the only one doing it. Floyd only twisted her arm and suddenly he's the meanest guy on the planet!?

Jake LaMotta was an admitted woman-beater and rapist. The movie made him look like a saint compared to his autobiography. One story in the book tells of him being drunk and blacking out and waking up to find that he's beaten the hell out of his girlfriend. He's worried that he killed her, because it'll ruin his career, so his brother suggests dumping her in a lake.

Sugar Ray Robinson beat up his wife, and kids as well. One of his wives, Edna Mae had 5 miscarriages, and their son believes it was a result of Ray's abuse.

Mike Tyson was quoted in the book Fire & Fear as saying "the best punch I ever threw was at Robin Givens". I would imagine that this was an exaggeration because if he hit her any harder than he did some of his opponents, Robin would've been dead or in ICU. He later denied saying this, but recently admitted on the Oprah show that he did "sock her".

Frazier

Valero

Monzon

Gatti

Diego Corrales went to prison for assaulting his pregnant wife. He had some prior incidents of domestic abuse before that.
      floyd must be doing something good because freedom/tunney and thuggery are either making anti floyd threads about him or are going in threads and posting stuff like this.

Its ok fellas. I'm sure when wlad announces his next fight someone will care.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        Remember Kobe Bryant and Tiger Woods?? They lost endorsements just for cheating on there wife, people seriously take stuff to seriously though. Plus some fans boycotted them.

But yea, cheating is not worse than beating a women.
        I remember both of those and I dont think they should have lost endorsements or the media should have made such a big deal out of those two cases they are still great athletes regardless. I agree its serious but not that serious like beating. Someone who beats their wife is a danger to society and proves they are unable to control themselves physically.

Comment

He beats women like a lot of other men, athelets, singers, plowers, etc have.

Some people simply just don't like Floyd because he can be such a prick, and unless you're a whore, people generally don't like a prick. At least he gives Turkeys away though.

Comment

We're talking about PRESENT, go back to the past so you can bash them, or you can bash them right now, right in their face, END OF DISCUSSION

Comment

Good thing i don't really care for any of them lmao

Comment

Woman bearing is so incredibly common that I'm sure half the ppl on this site whining about it have done it in the past, in fact its not even illegal in most countries. I say that to say this, u don't know what any man does behind closed doors time to stop assuming we do. I've never beat a girlfriend but I know plenty who have. Kill the subject, it has no place in a boxing forum

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  Woman bearing is so incredibly common that I'm sure half the ppl on this site whining about it have done it in the past, in fact its not even illegal in most countries. I say that to say this, u don't know what any man does behind closed doors time to stop assuming we do. I've never beat a girlfriend but I know plenty who have. Kill the subject, it has no place in a boxing forum
                  Yes it's unfortunately a common thing but it's particularly disturbing when the people who do it are professional fighters. If you know how to fight you shouldn't put your hands on a weak person.

But to get back on topic, yes there's a lot of hypocrisy surrounding this subject. I saw a dude with a Monzon avatar saying Floyd is a disgusting human being for beating a woman, nevermind that the guy in his avatar was a woman killer...

Comment

And people don't dislike Floyd JUST for the altercation. He is a Prima Donna, he has insulted Asians, he has had other altercations, he has said very negative things directly to ATG's and about ATG's, among other things like talking to Oscar about how if there were in Prison, he would rape Oscar which goes way over the line of acceptable trash talking. He has turned a LOT of people off. He CRAVES adoration and wonders why he has not recieved it. Go figure. There was a time when he was truly admired by the masses. He changed and that turned off people.

Comment

If we go by the standard of Hitler, Ted Bundy was a saint.

Comment

Working...
                      X