No announcement yet.

(Pic inside) Lost 30+ LBS this summer!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Quick observation of your use of the blue heavy with the black base. When throwing power slide your left toe right into the black!!! This will force you to shorten your shots and as you gain better balancing this way you will increase your power! It won't translate right away but just work on it once you shorten up the punches gain meaning!
    Heres another simple way to correct a major fault and again increase power!
    When you throw your power right hand you have close to NO turn of shoulder!
    get that shoulder squared up with your left shoulder when the right hand is fully extended.
    This will feel very awkward when you get your lead foot up & in the box. It will seem that you can't get everything flowing, start off just applying the tecnique and forget about the actual power until you can "fit" all the technique in!!!
    Elbows down, step up & in, straight right hand behind a stiff jab, pronate your fist (wrists down on impact), bring your shoulder, and turn your hip (pivot foot)!!!! BAG!! Power!!!

Go slow piece it together in a full length mirror, walk it through on the bag and don't leave anything out hahahaha!!!!
    Congrates on your degree, pretty GF. best to you..........Ray.
    Thanks Ray! Will definitely look into these things next I hit the bag my man.

Originally posted by DIB42 View Post
    Way to go man, looking great...
    Thanks my man!

Originally posted by Be_kind_rewind View Post
    Is there a reason your punching power looks like it's coming from your arms and not your feet? I notice your feet are inactive through majority of the punches right foot never swivels when you throw your right and niether does the left when you throw the hook, and I seen milding step when you threw your jabs.
    I'm not trying to be smart but the bag looks like it can't handle your punches, if they were thrown in that matter. Also i noticed your not really in a boxing gym nor do you have shoes so i figured you wasn't giving it much.
    but just curious
    No this isn't a boxing gym. It is the high school gym where I work. We just happen to have a few bags, so myself and a few of the other football coaches hit the bag from time to time. Purely recreational and a great form of exercise/cardio. Thanks for your comments.

Comment

Working...
    X