Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Pavlik/Martinez and Abraham/Dirrell fights make you rethink Mayweather/Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the Pavlik/Martinez and Abraham/Dirrell fights make you rethink Mayweather/Mosley?

I have noticed many people are banking on Shane Mosley landing a big shot (or shots) to change Floyd's world and shut Mayweather up.

But, largely speaking, what we have seen this Spring is that the superior boxer and the faster guy has been able to impose his personal imprint on the fight. The stronger/bigger man has frittered away rounds looking to land his punches. And in the instances where they landed, those punches didn't really change the tenor of the fight.

Abraham is more of a one-punch KO artist than either Pavlik or Shane. I still perceive Mosley as a dangerous opponent, but I am now questioning if the "Who R U Picking?" fight will be competitive for more than a few rounds.

Note: i had previously thought SM would beat FMJ because of a very big size difference.

Please try to discuss like adults. Thanks.

Not at all

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Not at all
      Well, not YOU. I believe that you were picking May all along.

Right?

Comment

Difference between abraham, pavlik from shane, is that Shane actually has some hand speed to go along with his punching power.

Comment

Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
          Difference between abraham, pavlik from shane, is that Shane actually has some hand speed to go along with his punching power.
          I believe the gulf in handspeed between Floyd and Shane is bigger than you think.

Remember, Oscar sparred with Shane for the Mayweather fight. And after that fight, the first thing Oscar said is "boy, he's fast".

Also, handspeed is merely one component of functional speed. Footspeed is probably more important, and the comparison between the two fighters isn't even close.

And there's also upper-body speed. which is what Arturo Gatti said (postfight) was Floyd's biggest asset. Think about it: how many times have you seen Shane duck under a punch?

Lastly, there's mindspeed. The ability to think quickly, pprocess and perceive what's happening and to adjust.

Comment

Shane is a different monster though, he is faster and smarter then both abraham and pavlik and he has a better trainer.

I still think floyd will win though.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
              Shane is a different monster though, he is faster and smarter then both abraham and pavlik and he has a better trainer.

In which fights would you say that Shane fought smart?

I do think that Pavlik was smart and cool-headed in the Taylor and Martinez fights.

Comment

You know that Chuck Palahniuk is a ****sexual...and that Fight Club is his gay-themed oeuvre

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
                  I have noticed many people are banking on Shane Mosley landing a big shot (or shots) to change Floyd's world and shut Mayweather up.

But, largely speaking, what we have seen this Spring is that the superior boxer and the faster guy has been able to impose his personal imprint on the fight. The stronger/bigger man has frittered away rounds looking to land his punches. And in the instances where they landed, those punches didn't really change the tenor of the fight.

Abraham is more of a one-punch KO artist than either Pavlik or Shane. I still perceive Mosley as a dangerous opponent, but I am now questioning if the "Who R U Picking?" fight will be competitive for more than a few rounds.

Note: i had previously thought SM would beat FMJ because of a very big size difference.

Please try to discuss like adults. Thanks.

Preach on brother

Comment

Shane is B-Class

Comment

Working...
                    X