Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More frustrating to watch: Rigondeaux or Lara?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Lara. He's painful to watch. I feel like he's still running from Canelo. That goofy gap tooth smile doesn't help. He looks like he needs a helmet to come with his gloves.

Comment

Lots of good points I agree with on this thread. So many I won't even bother to quote.

Both these guys have lost me as a fan. The frustration was just too much. If I had to choose who's more frustrating, I would say Lara. There is no comparison between the two in terms of talent and skill. Rigo is clearly better. Lara fights the way he does because that's who he is. Rigo fights the way he does because he chooses to. With Lara it's the same thing over and over. With Rigo, you get long stretches of staring at an opponent, but you also get those surges of brilliance that make you go "wow."

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
        Not frustrating, just boring.

Lara is the better fighter with great names on his resume, Rigo doesn't do nothing against bums, takes no risk, only looks for counters and still gets hit and dropped.
        Lara fought Freddy Hernandez, a fighter that he should had not gone to distance with

I love to see boxing style of fighting but these two guys rather pot shot and then stay away for the rest of the round

Comment

Lara reminds of Chad Dawson in that, at times, it's like his mind isn't in the fight anymore and he becomes complacent. Lara is more frustrating to watch, Rigondeaux on the other hand rarely misses out on an opportunity to counter and he understands when he's well within distance to throw.

Comment

Rigo even tho he's boring,

you can see the technical brilliance and athletic talent with rigo. great sharp counters and sleek slick movement.

can say the same for Lara.

I feel the same with the kbros. i cant stand watching heavyweights fight like scared b*tches. that's how i fell about vitali and wladimir with the constant spoiling and clinching.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              I think that just comes down to Lara having better management and promotion.
              More than that. The smaller fighters are overlooked as opposed to the bigger fighters, on top of the fact that Rigo's manager was absolutely worthless and did more harm than good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                hey the new roided up jesse vargas aint so bad
                I agree, not on the roided part, don't know, but he seems to have went from reluctant to relevant.

Comment

I gotta go with Lara, too.

It's so frustrating trying to scoring his fights- I don't think I've ever scored one of his notable fights and had it close to the official cards. Sometimes I feel like I'm too hard on Lara because I realize he is good and that's is his style... so when I score him, I go out of my way to not hold half of the running against him. But it's still too much for as a judge.

I would have been suspended alongside those other judges after the Williams fights. I gave that fight to Williams by 1 point. I didn't score last night round with the point deduction 10-8, I scored it 9-9 and arrived at the score of 114-113 Martirosyain. I gave Lara the Canelo fight 115-113.

LAra is a challenge to fight, to watch, and to score

Comment

I cannot watch Lara anymore, as much as I love boxing, it is too painful.

We get it, you can box, you can counter, but you never go forward, never takes the initiative or look to dominate your opponent, always on the rope just waiting.

Watching Vanes follow him around the ring last night was like watching Ward/Rodriguez painful, I cannot do it anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X