Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Stays Patient, Waiting For Opponent To Get Finalized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Stays Patient, Waiting For Opponent To Get Finalized

By Jake Donovan - Luis 'The Real King Kong' Ortiz is now just four weeks out from his next planned ring appearance. The consummate gym rat would be training even if he didn’t have a fight coming up, but remains ready for anything as his March 5 HBO-televised headliner draws nearer.

All that remains missing is an opponent.

'We still haven’t heard any new names, to be honest,' trainer Herman Caicedo informed BoxingScene.com. 'We’re just waiting to see.'
    [Click Here To Read More]

Even cab drivers want to get a golden egg to fight Ortiz wtf is this **** he aint even the real champ. Boxing nowadays for you.

Comment

Fight Thompson.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

What is this crap? We have had numerous articles on this site with Tony Thompson directly calling Ortiz out and yet this fool keeps saying no one is willing to fight

Ortiz team is blatantly ignoring Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
          Fight Thompson.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Originally posted by Teddy05 View Post
          What is this crap? We have had numerous articles on this site with Tony Thompson directly calling Ortiz out and yet this fool keeps saying no one is willing to fight

Yeah seriously, fight Thompson. Thompson is still a name and if Ortiz can do a number on Tony that sends a message.

Also, Ortiz looks like he's training out of someone's laundromat.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy05 View Post

Thompson is a nobody. A fight versus any one of Dimitrenko, Ustinov or Thompson himself is as equally impressive in victory. Ustinov is ordered to face him and Dimitrenko is a decent warm up fight in the mean time. I'm not sure what Thompson brings to the table a win over Ustinov does not. I'm sure you are able to enlighten us ?

Ortiz has a path laid out and has only to beat Ustinov and Chagaev and he has a mandatory title shot after Klitschko rematches Fists of Fluff.

I suppose you're right, Ortiz' team are ignoring Thompson.

Comment

Ortiz and Golden Boy should delay his return until April to give them more time to find the right opponent. I understand that he's the hot name of the division and HBO is waiting to see if they should invest big in Ortiz but he needs a good opponent not a tomatoe can.

Not over the hill Thompson who got beat by Scott. While Ortiz is gaining popularity he doesn't bring enough money yet to attract the big names of the division yet. Hopefully after the summer he gets another big fight.

Golden Boy should try to get guys like Slava, Jo Jo Diaz, or another one of there big time prospects in as the co main event on HBO.

Comment

If he can't get Dimitrenko or any other HW to fight him then I see no reason not to fight Thompson. He is beatable & durable. Johann Duhaupas took a fight with Charr on 4 weeks notice immediately after a tough 12 round fight with Teper. Thompson & Duhaupas are both Top 30 names who take fights on short notice.

Comment

Gives him time to cycle off the steroids.

Comment

Tony Thompson?

You guys serious?

I don't ever want to see that check chasing old fck on my tv again. Let's bring back Maurice Harris too while were at it.

Comment

Working...
                    X