No announcement yet.

floyd beat cotto, trout beat cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
    What is bull*****t about the upside (from a business standpoint) to fighting a Mexican fighter around independence day? What it is, is y'all hearing what you wanna hear. I've said more than once that I'd like to see the fight with Trout but its not as important as you make it out to be. Just like the Guerrero fight is no career defining fight. Can you admit that its not the crime of the century, taking on Guerrero. He's obviously the bigger name regardless of ethnicity. No he's not the polished boxer Trout is but its a toss up as to who's the better fighter.
    I'm not crying duck here, I haven't mentioned it in one post directed to you in this thread. It's not a duck. The reason Trout gives Floyd a better fight? He's bigger and more skilled than Guerrero. If Trout beats Canelo, then I think he's earned his place in line.

My arguement was more directed towards the reasons Floyd shouldn't fight him that were mentioned. Being a smaller name, not being Mexican, etc. I agree it's not a duck. The reasons mentioned were what I disagreed with.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      I understand all that. But when people say he's cherrypicking for easier big money fights, you essentially are confirming they're right.

So he can come up to fight Canelo at 154, an unproven prospect, but to come up to fight Trout, who beat up and outpointed Cotto, that's not okay? Hyprocrisy at it's finest.
      What's hypocritical? When did he fight Canelo? Even if he decides to fight Canelo, it still wouldn't be hypocritical. Who said that it's not ok if he fights Trout? If Mayweather decides to fight Trout then so be it, I'll be somewhere watching. I'm just explaining why common sense tells why you why he wouldn't. Obviously you don't understand what I said about Mayweather not being a full-time 54 pound fighter, and that he's only going to go up that high for big money fights. If you did then why are you acting like you don't understand why he might not choose Trout? Trout isn't a big money fight at this point, Canelo is? Get it?

Comment

I'm not crying duck here, I haven't mentioned it in one post directed to you in this thread. It's not a duck. The reason Trout gives Floyd a better fight? He's bigger and more skilled than Guerrero. If Trout beats Canelo, then I think he's earned his place in line.

My arguement was more directed towards the reasons Floyd shouldn't fight him that were mentioned. Being a smaller name, not being Mexican, etc. I agree it's not a duck. The reasons mentioned were what I disagreed with.
        My God. I have not once said he shouldn't fight Trout for any reason. I gave obvious reasons why Guerrero makes more sense at this moment. If we're gonna keep it inside the ring then maybe this will do. You say Trout is the better fight? Well in Floyd's past the fighters that gave him the most trouble were in his face with pressure (Guerrero). Fighters who try to out wit him with technical boxing usually get beat on (Trout). So what are you basing your opinion on? Simply the win over Cotto?

Comment

My God. I have not once said he shouldn't fight Trout for any reason. I gave obvious reasons why Guerrero makes more sense at this moment. If we're gonna keep it inside the ring then maybe this will do. You say Trout is the better fight? Well in Floyd's past the fighters that gave him the most trouble were in his face with pressure (Guerrero). Fighters who try to out wit him with technical boxing usually get beat on (Trout). So what are you basing your opinion on? Simply the win over Cotto?
          The same Cotto that Floyd had fought 7 months prior, I think that's a decent comparison of each guy's skills vs the same fighter. Trout's strength, skill, and reach are what would intrigue me about him fighting Floyd. Guerrero beating Aydin and Berto don't prove he can hang with Floyd to me. Aydin is strong, but very limited technically. Berto is very overrated and while it was a good fight, it didn't skills that could beat Floyd, at least to me. Beating Cotto how Trout did was a better win.

The reasons to choose Guerrero over Trout are reasons not to pick Trout are they not? If you're picking Guerrero for those reasons, then you're not picking Trout for the same reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            What's hypocritical? When did he fight Canelo? Even if he decides to fight Canelo, it still wouldn't be hypocritical. Who said that it's not ok if he fights Trout? If Mayweather decides to fight Trout then so be it, I'll be somewhere watching. I'm just explaining why common sense tells why you why he wouldn't. Obviously you don't understand what I said about Mayweather not being a full-time 54 pound fighter, and that he's only going to go up that high for big money fights. If you did then why are you acting like you don't understand why he might not choose Trout? Trout isn't a big money fight at this point, Canelo is? Get it?
            So it's okay for Floyd to pick on the bigger money fights against less proven fighters instead of the less lucrative ones against more proven opponents because that's boxing? Man Bushbaby is right, we just accept that is the way it is and nothing can be done about it.

Comment

The same Cotto that Floyd had fought 7 months prior, I think that's a decent comparison of each guy's skills vs the same fighter. Trout's strength, skill, and reach are what would intrigue me about him fighting Floyd. Guerrero beating Aydin and Berto don't prove he can hang with Floyd to me. Aydin is strong, but very limited technically. Berto is very overrated and while it was a good fight, it didn't skills that could beat Floyd, at least to me. Beating Cotto how Trout did was a better win.

The reasons to choose Guerrero over Trout are reasons not to pick Trout are they not? If you're picking Guerrero for those reasons, then you're not picking Trout for the same reasons.
              You jump to defense. It wasn't a slight at Cotto. As much as I like Cotto it was a sign of the times. Trout looked better against Cotto than he did against Rodriguez. Neither fight proved beyond a shadow of doubt that he can hang with Floyd either. I'm not explaining this right. Simply put, IMO whether its Guerrero or Trout they represent the same danger or lack there of, to Mayweather. All they can do now is fight. I believe Trout is penciled in for Canelo. In May it will be show and tell time. If Cinnamon blasts him out you make an apology thread to me for this circle jerk. If Trout wins impressively I'll gladly apologize for doubting your foresight and wisdom.

Comment

So it's okay for Floyd to pick on the bigger money fights against less proven fighters instead of the less lucrative ones against more proven opponents because that's boxing? Man Bushbaby is right, we just accept that is the way it is and nothing can be done about it.
                Yes its Ok if that were the case. And there is something you can do or rather not do.....buy it. You tried to paint with a broad brush to support your agenda. Its not "less proven" vs "more proven". Its simply picking between Guerrero and Trout who both still have things to prove.

Comment

You jump to defense. It wasn't a slight at Cotto. As much as I like Cotto it was a sign of the times. Trout looked better against Cotto than he did against Rodriguez. Neither fight proved beyond a shadow of doubt that he can hang with Floyd either. I'm not explaining this right. Simply put, IMO whether its Guerrero or Trout they represent the same danger or lack there of, to Mayweather. All they can do now is fight. I believe Trout is penciled in for Canelo. In May it will be show and tell time. If Cinnamon blasts him out you make an apology thread to me for this circle jerk. If Trout wins impressively I'll gladly apologize for doubting your foresight and wisdom.
                  Deal. I'm down for that.

Comment

Yes its Ok if that were the case. And there is something you can do or rather not do.....buy it. You tried to paint with a broad brush to support your agenda. Its not "less proven" vs "more proven". Its simply picking between Guerrero and Trout who both still have things to prove.
                    My agenda? You've attacked my every post when I haven't said one bad word about Mayweather or accused him of ducking.

Comment

I understand all that. But when people say he's cherrypicking for easier big money fights, you essentially are confirming they're right.

So he can come up to fight Canelo at 154, an unproven prospect, but to come up to fight Trout, who beat up and outpointed Cotto, that's not okay? Hyprocrisy at it's finest.

Last time i checked Trout never called out Floyd,Trout may be afraid of Floyd for all we know.Trout has called out Canelo but he never called out Floyd.

Secondly Canelo is the one that should be fighting Trout then Floyd fights the winner.If that fight don`t happen then Floyd and Trout can fight after Floyd is done with Guerrero if Martinez is`nt available.You can`t fight everybody at one time.

Just because Floyd is not fighting him next that don`t mean Floyd is not gonna fight him down the line.Floyd might want to get it over with with the biggest money fights.

And if Trout calls him out and Floyd don`t fight him then hey call him what you want but if Floyd does fight him it still wont matter cause they`ll still accuse Floyd of ducking another guy and they`ll say "Trout only beat a washed up Cotto",so it never ends.

Comment

Working...
                      X