Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bute vs Froch on May 26th, Kessler vs ... on May 19th. Who logically feels the gap?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bute vs Froch on May 26th, Kessler vs ... on May 19th. Who logically feels the gap?

I'm thinking Ward.

It's the only fight that makes sense. Who else is out there. Kessler seeks redemption on home turf, whilst Ward gets that easy money fight he was after. I reckon they've got it all worked out. Kessler's camp did express interest to fight the Super Six winner, and also Ward was open for a Kessler rematch.

I see it going like this:

Ward -vs- Kessler II in Copenhagen (May 19th)

Bute -vs- Froch in Nottingham (May 26th)

Winners and losers off face off in the winter.

Bute -vs- Ward (Winter TBC)

Froch -vs- Kessler II (Winter TBC)

Gonna bump this after Kessler and Ward announce next week.

Who really wants to see Ward-Kessler again?

It being in Denmark is about the only minuscule piece of intrigue about the fight

Comment

That's the trouble with a rematch fight. It was a domination. But then you have a lot of people complaining about the headbutts, so Ward wants to go out and prove that wasn't a factor the first time round while Kessler wants retribution. Also, I'd like to think Ward wants to give Kessler the honour to reclaim his belt in Copenhagen considering he was given the same opportunity when they first fought - and Kessler travelled all the way over.
      Money talks as well. And I heard that Sauderland were going to offer the winner of the S6 more than 10 million dollars to fight Kessler.

Comment

He'll probably fight Magee next. Mikkel has been out of the ring a while dealing with injuries. So I doubt he jumps right back in with Ward without a tuneup.

Comment

Originally posted by Froch You View Post
          He'll probably fight Magee next. Mikkel has been out of the ring a while dealing with injuries. So I doubt he jumps right back in with Ward without a tuneup.
          Ward won't fight Kessler outside of the US.

Comment

Sauerland today says that Andre Ward is not in the picture for the Kessler fight. Frontrunner remains danekiller Brian Magee.

Comment

Working...
            X