No announcement yet.

News: PACQUIAO-BRADLEY DONE FOR JUNE 9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
    This only goes to show what kind of party it is. Bradley's a sound fighter. He has certainly paid his dues. However, I think this match is only being put forth because there is no one else really for the Pacman to fight. I think it's premature and Bradley is green when it comes to the upper echelon of the sport.

In ways I think that Pacquiao's team have a made a mistake that can cost him his spot on the top of the list (which only the Ring Magazine has him #1 but that's the OFFICIAL P4P lister so I can't say he's not the P4P #1). The Ring Magazine claimed they didn't demote Pacquiao because he had 1 bad night. They said that nobody called for Martinez to get demoted after his fight with Braker, so they will not demote him for 1 bad night. For 2 bad nights they will demote him. Especially if Floyd dominates Miguel Cotto and offers a stellar performance as he always does.

Pacquiao only (to me) has that spot to lose. So basically if he draws with Bradley or loses to him (which is a strong possibility. I'll elaborate on shortly), he doesn't really lose anything but a paper title. His fans may lose some bragging rights but that's about it.

Bradley is a very intelligent fighter. He has watched enough film of himself to know what kind of damage his head can cause. I believe he can land a headbutt/hook combo and open a cut that the ref doesn't quite know how to call. If they rule the cut accidental, Bradley can easily outbox Pacquiao to a technical decision, or the judges will have it a technical draw. That's the mistake I fell they're making. I think they're underestimating Bradley because he's a JWW but they're not factoring in the danger of an opponent who has the capacity to be a dirty fighter and he wants to win this contest more than he wants to live life itself. That makes for a very dangerous opponent. One that will do virtually anything to win. Pacquiao had better be careful. I don't like Pac much as a fighter (as a person I have a huge amount of adoration for him) but I don't want to see him get his ass kicked unless it's by Floyd. Marquez just kicked his ass and that was the other fighter I wanted to see do it to him. Pac had better be careful.
    I agree for the most part except Martinez-Barker.

First of all Martinez almost shut the guy out, no question. Secondly, he knocked him down and preceded to knock him out. Martinez-Barker results don't compare to Marquez-Pac results. Martinez had a bad night in which rightfully won, and, by TKO. Pacquaio had a bad night in which mostly everybody thought Marquez won.

Comment

• Young, hungry, and undefeated!! Bring it on!

Comment

• Pac stops Bradley in 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Lol no he doesn't man.

Pac IS good at catching Mexican defenseless come forward fighters. Bradley is not a come forward fighter, or a brawler. He's aggressive yes, but he's not a face first fighter. Man, people are so mistaken about Bradley's style.
          I'm not saying Bradley is a face first boxer, I'm just saying that he does have the tendency to overextended himself when he leap forward to get his punches off. I do think he has what it takes to match Manny's timing, but he's going to have to be more patient in that fight and use his feints to bait Manny in more.

Comment

• I got Bradley on this one, been saying it for a couple years now..Bradley brings the style to give Pacquiao HELL, headbutts aside, Bradley is all about getting the W..no matter what he's gotta do to get it..

I got Bradley in a close but unanimous decision..115-113 across the board..

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Bradley punches too, too wild to beat Pacquiao.
              I've been saying the same thing since 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                On the other hand, I might root for Bradley, because he deserves this fight, and it would be funny to see Mayweather-Pacquiao go down the drain. Very interested to see how this plays out. I can see how Pacquiao will destroy Bradley, but I could also see how Bradley would make this VERY close, and maybe even win.
                We all know what Manny brings to the table.

I think it depends on how Bradley fights.

If Bradley fights Pac the way he fought Devon, I think Pac will knock him out, even if it's smart agression, Pac will caught him with good shots and I don't think he has the power to bully Pac who is a tough dude.

I think Bradley can beat Manny if he fights like he did against Peterson, being versatile and smart, moving and counter punching with fast punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                  I've been saying the same thing since 2010.
                  Yeah, it's a shame. He's a damn good boxer. Really good and would be a handful for anyone. In fact, he'll be a handful for Manny...until he throws that first wild left hook and is left looking at the lights. If he does that in round nine, cool--he'll be very competitive on the cards. Unfortunately, he might do that in round one.

Comment

• Bradley have to throw sharp/short/crisp punches if he wants to make it a close competitive fight. Morales and JMM both fought Manny differently, but they both did threw razor sharp crisp punches to neutralized Manny's rhythm.

Comment

• Pac's defense is horrible though. I don't think Bradley punches wild, but even if he does he aint fighting Pernell Whitaker. He's fighting Manny Pacquaio, slow ass Margarito got off about 30 percent of his shots against Pac, Marg ain't some Hopkins like accurate puncher. Pac's D is far from being one of his strength's, his offense is his strenth, he doesn't know how to block punches even this late in his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X