No announcement yet.

What would do knowing you had the boxing world in the pawn of your hand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SOPH~ REP. View Post
    maybe what bout the hard fights castillo twice ,corley ,balodmir,judah and de la hoya
    yea the castillo fights were over 8 years ago. since then it's been easy pickings for him. he never fought any top fighters at 140 or 154 and he never fought any of the best welterweights of his era. only through triangle fights did he become the "best" welterweight. somehow he ended up fighting 35 year old baldomir and 38 year old mosley while never fighting cotto, margarito, and pac. he knew when to go on vacation and when to come back to sweep up the old guys.
    Last edited by daggum; 12-05-2010, 10:26 PM.

Comment

ok ,head to head pac backed down from a dangerous fight with mayweather an clottey and margarito doesn't compare to mosley and marquez
      A dangerous fight? All fights have some element of danger, so I would never call either fighter a "low courage" person...

They backed down from each other... Yes, I understand Manny didn't take the test, and that is... unecessarily complicating.. But Floyd, if he really wanted the fight, wouldn't care what adversity was facing him. Or whether Manny was juicing or not.

Im not comparing Marg and Clottey with Mosley and Marquez.. But whats common about all of them is there is always something... something off about the fight. With Marg it was because it was such a style mismatch it was tragic.. with Clottey it was, again, a style mismatch. Mosley for Mayweather was old and gassed by the 3rd.. Marquez.. well we know what was wrong there.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        yea the castillo fights were over 8 years ago. Since then it's been easy pickings for him. He never fought any top fighters at 140 or 154 and he never fought any of the best welterweights of his era. Only through triangle fights did he become the "best" welterweight. Somehow he ended up fighting 35 year old baldomir and 38 year old mosley while never fighting cotto, margarito, and pac. He knew when to go on vacation and when to come back to sweep up the old guys.
        baldomir coming off a win vs judah mosley ko'd margarito an who is de la hoya

Comment

Originally posted by syf View Post
          a dangerous fight? All fights have some element of danger, so i would never call either fighter a "low courage" person...

They backed down from each other... Yes, i understand manny didn't take the test, and that is... Unecessarily complicating.. But floyd, if he really wanted the fight, wouldn't care what adversity was facing him. Or whether manny was juicing or not.

Im not comparing marg and clottey with mosley and marquez.. But whats common about all of them is there is always something... Something off about the fight. With marg it was because it was such a style mismatch it was tragic.. With clottey it was, again, a style mismatch. Mosley for mayweather was old and gassed by the 3rd.. Marquez.. Well we know what was wrong there.
          was pac ever in a fight where there was no style mismatch ?has only fought one style of fighter

Comment

Give the fans what they want to see , a slaughter like mma ,but really would risk millions of dollars by putting your prizefighter in harms way.manny was a following (dam near two countries) he doesn't need any co stars or any worthy opponants to crack the box office.honestly as a boxing fan arum sucks ,as a promotor, he's just doing his job .people like him is killing boxing . It only makes me respect floyd mayweather even more,an pac alot less
            wow... another recycled thread topic.

Comment

was pac ever in a fight where there was no style mismatch ?has only fought one style of fighter
              Yes..

By style mismatch I mean his whirlwind style completely destroys the other style. Plodders..Sluggers, boxer punchers, it doesn't matter. But the one style that gives Manny pause, the designated counterpuncher, Manny hasn't fought since Marquez. And Marquez is actually a poor mans version of the counterpuncher that Floyd is.

But Pac has faced Challenges to his style.. in the past. To pretend otherwise is moronic

I feel like both of them took a quality of opponent cut to execute a money grab

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                mayweather had the "pawn of his hand" against josies face.

you are reaching legendary status with these one-liners

Comment

Duckquiao would have to do the random blood test or he would get stripped off his fake catch weight belts.

He would have to defend the titles at the weight they're supposed to be fought at.

He would have to fight the title holder at the correct weight not let him starve himself..what kind of sh** is that fighting for the belt and the belt holder has to come in lookin like a crack head

Also david haye would have to fight one of the klit brothers.

Nonito donaire would be in front of duckquiao on the p4p list.

Larry merchant or w.e his name is would be in a retirements home.

Jmm would get his chance to fight duckquiao.

Margarito would get sacked,he has no skills no defense he's slow as sh** that dude should not fight anymore.

Bob Arum would lose his license as a promoter and he would not be allowed to feed damaged top rank fighters to duckquiao.

Comment

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my previous post.

Comment

I would get rid of all the belts/titles and leave just one. That way we'd see the best fights all year round. Number one contenders would be decided by the best takin on the best.. So simply put, I would make boxing greater than it is now.

Comment

Working...
                      X