Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has shown us nothing we haven't seen before in a boxing ring.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather has shown us nothing we haven't seen before in a boxing ring.

This so called boxing genius has invented nothing. Not the roll, not the shell, not the pull counter and on and on. These moves were on display way way before Floyd was born.

Floyd's a master of most but creator of none.

Geniuses invent new things. Amazing things.

Enlighten me Flo mo's what are these great things this amazing boxing genius Floyd Mayweather invented?

I fail to see such innovations.

I don't know but hold this red k for waking up to create a tired thread under an alias

Comment

Who said he invented anything??? the man just mastered great technique

Comment

Floyd the fighter is top 40 fighter alltime.
        Yes there were plenty of fighters using the moves floyd uses today.

They also had stiffer competition and fought more often with same day weigh ins.

Floyd the business man is one of the best ever.I always saw through the BS , while most casuals always wanted to see mike tyson come out of retirement and fight floyd.

Little floyd made a lot of money suckering casual fans. Floyd was great before the oscar fight. True boxing fans know oscar was past it and a partime fighter/singer .

After oscar floyd fought the lowest risk highest reward fights vs a bunch past it or overated fighters with solid to good names
        With tons of stipulations. He even got caught taking an illegal iv the same way lance armstrong had for years before the biggest money generating fight vs a shot pac who marquez iced.

Now this mccgregor deal is garbage.

Great technique ,
        benifited from social media,
        great calculated matchmaking ,
        Last edited by Jc8804; 05-20-2016, 09:15 AM.

Comment

He and USADA invented the style of testing copied by VADA and used to catch cheats today.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            I don't know but hold this red k for waking up to create a tired thread under an alias

I've been awake since 6.30 am UK time. It's now 4pm. I created this thread about an hour ago.

Stick your moronic red K up your arse.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
              Who said he invented anything??? the man just mastered great technique
              Exactly.

So it's true he isn't a genius if he didn't innovate anything new inside a boxing ring.

The same goes for many other boxers tagged a genius btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                Floyd the fighter is top 40 fighter alltime.
                Yes there were plenty of fighters using the moves floyd uses today.

They also had stiffer competition and fought more often with same day weigh ins.

Floyd the business man is one of the best ever.I always saw through the BS , while most casuals always wanted to see mike tyson come out of retirement and fight floyd.

Little floyd made a lot of money suckering casual fans. Floyd was great before the oscar fight. True boxing fans know oscar was past it and a partime fighter/singer .

After oscar floyd fought the lowest risk highest reward fights vs a bunch past it or overated fighters with solid to good names
                With tons of stipulations. He even got caught taking an illegal iv the same way lance armstrong had for years before the biggest money generating fight vs a shot pac who marquez iced.

Now this mccgregor deal is garbage.

Great technique ,
                benifited from social media,
                great calculated matchmaking ,
                Outstanding post.

Comment

It's not that he invented anything, but his style is unique to him. There has never been another fighter like Floyd and people will try to mirror his style but I don't think anyone will be able to do it like him.

I always thought Floyd was an underrated puncher especially early in his career he would put beautiful combos together, go to the body and back upstairs, he just has a lot of tools. Even later in his career you didn't see a lot of guys jumping in on Floyd because they got a taste of his punch early and would be hesitant to take another one.

If you dislike Floyd Mayweather as a person, thats fine, but he showed us something we have never seen before and probably never will again.

Comment

This is proof that you can hate on anything if you don't like somebody.

What has Stephen Curry shown us on a basketball court that we haven't seen before?

Three point shots? Ever heard of Larry Bird?

Reverse lay-ups? D-Rose got that down pact.

Passing? HA! Magic is the man.

Comment

Working...
                    X