• Fair Stoppages Yes or No

Fair Stoppages Yes or No ?

Barrera v Jones 1
    Calzaghe v Mitchell
    Forrest v Mayorga 1
    Gomez v Khan
    Jones v Sosa
    Marquez v Vasquez 2

Barrera v Jones 1: I don't think you can dispute it when the corner throws the towel in.

Calzaghe v Mitchell: I'd say yes
    Forrest v Mayorga 1: Forrest was KTFO, if you let it go he'd be on a respirator
    Gomez v Khan: Who cares, it's a prospect versus an opponent.
    Jones v Sosa: Fair
    Marquez v Vasquez 2: Yes, if the fight continued Marque would have been too ****ed up for a rubber match

Comment

Of the top of my head Mitchell was not falling about, and Gomez was getting knocked about and would never have stopped himself. So those two definitely yes, I dont think any of them are dodgey at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Erbad View Post
        Barrera v Jones 1: I don't think you can dispute it when the corner throws the towel in.

Calzaghe v Mitchell: I'd say yes
        Forrest v Mayorga 1: Forrest was KTFO, if you let it go he'd be on a respirator
        Gomez v Khan: Who cares, it's a prospect versus an opponent.
        Jones v Sosa: Fair
        Marquez v Vasquez 2: Yes, if the fight continued Marque would have been too ****ed up for a rubber match

i dont think Barrera's corner did throw the towel in they came into the ring to complain to the referee and they got DQ'd for stepping onto the ring apron

Jones v Sosa fair ? Sosa did'nt look that bad to me at all infact Mitchell and Mayorga were hurt a lot more than Sosa

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
          Of the top of my head Mitchell was not falling about, and Gomez was getting knocked about and would never have stopped himself. So those two definitely yes, I dont think any of them are dodgey at all.

Mitchell was actually throwing back he deserverd at least another 30 seconds

i dont know what is with Calz and referees ,Sheika,Manfredo ,Mitchell LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
            Fair Stoppages Yes or No ?

Barrera v Jones 1
            Calzaghe v Mitchell
            Forrest v Mayorga 1
            Gomez v Khan
            Jones v Sosa
            Marquez v Vasquez 2

I give em all a yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
              i dont think Barrera's corner did throw the towel in they came into the ring to complain to the referee and they got DQ'd for stepping onto the ring apron

Jones v Sosa fair ? Sosa did'nt look that bad to me at all infact Mitchell and Mayorga were hurt a lot more than Sosa
              If your man is down on the floor and you enter the ring, what other purpose could it be for other than to stop the fight?

Say you let Sosa-Jones go on a little longer, what would change about the outcome? Other than Sosa getting creamed more? It was an amateur stoppage, Jones was so much further ahead.

Comment

They were all fair stoppages. In that Jones/Sosa fight, Sosa wasn't throwing any punches back, but when the ref called it, he started assaulting the ref.

Comment

Khan v Gomez was an excellent stoppage. Gomez had been taking far too many shots and his heart was running serious danger of damaging his head, as it were.

Calzaghe v Mitchell could have gone a little longer. The stumble that caused the ref to stop it was a result of being off-balance, not hurt, though Mitchell had been on the receiving end of one-way traffic for a while. I would have waited to see what he did when he came back off the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by terrible... View Post
                    fair Stoppages Yes Or No ?

Barrera V Jones 1
                    Calzaghe V Mitchell
                    Forrest V Mayorga 1
                    Gomez V Khan
                    Jones V Sosa
                    Marquez V Vasquez 2
                    yes
                    no
                    yes