Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a fighter is turned completely side on...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a fighter is turned completely side on...

Can he complain about being hit in the back of the head?

I'm just catching up on Chisora's fight and Johnson keeps moaning about it, but he's offering up the back of the head by turning completely side on. If Chisora wants to throw a right hand its only going to hit the back of the head from that position.

The same thing happened in the Maidana Broner fight too.

What would you do if you were ref? What are the rules?

good question....i was thinking about the same thing

Comment

i kno ian john-lewis said to hopkins he was turning his head vs pascal in 2nd fight

Comment

Punching someone in the back of the head is illegal. There is nothing that qualifies that by saying that it is permissible if a fighter is turned a certain way. Likewise, if fighters get tangled up and somehow one of them accidentally ends up with his back to the other, that doesn't mean that his opponent can freely punch him in the back of the head.

The rules don't change because a fighter's position does.

Comment

Originally posted by Levity View Post
          Punching someone in the back of the head is illegal. There is nothing that qualifies that by saying that it is permissible if a fighter is turned a certain way. Likewise, if fighters get tangled up and somehow one of them accidentally ends up with his back to the other, that doesn't mean that his opponent can freely punch him in the back of the head.

The rules don't change because a fighter's position does.
          So a fighter can just completely take away the other fighters right hand by turning their body to the side?

Seems to me if you are consistently getting hit in the back of the head by normal shots thrown from normal angles then that's on you and your body position

Comment

It's not the fault of the fighter throwing the punch if his opponent turns his head or ducks low and the punch hits the back of the head. It's annoying when fighters complain when they keep turning the back of their head into punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Can he complain about being hit in the back of the head?

I'm just catching up on Chisora's fight and Johnson keeps moaning about it, but he's offering up the back of the head by turning completely side on. If Chisora wants to throw a right hand its only going to hit the back of the head from that position.

The same thing happened in the Maidana Broner fight too.

What would you do if you were ref? What are the rules?
              when froch schooled dirrell, I rmemeber dirrell kept ducking his head illegally, so froch just hit it. If you keep turning, or bending in a way that exposes the back of the head you are deleiberately aloowing to get hit in the back.

Comment

Its a fight and Johnson was doing that what can Delboy do after throwing the punch? fair play.

Comment

I saw Chavez Jr-Vera only once but didn't Chavez Jr complain about something similar too? Something Vera was doing but it was Chavez Jr's fault. I don't recall, maybe i'm confusing it with another fight but I remember Chavez Jr complaining about nothing, it just looked like he wanted help from the ref because he was having a hard time.

Comment

Khan you could say got hit in the back of the head, because he got hit hard n spun running/stumbling forward.

Comment

Working...
                    X