Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac had a 50% KO percentage at 130, whilst Floyd 62%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather has an utterly different style at 130.

It has nothing to do with competition. Mayweather has an exceptional resume at 130 and was Lineal Champion and cleaned out the division.

And, @ Pac only being 40% of his potential at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
      So how is it Pacquaio has carried more power up the weights then Mayweather who had the higher KO percentage between them at 130?

This has got me scratching my head.

Anyone?
      These stats do not work in the "argument" you are trying to make. Try again.

Comment

How many fights did each have at a 130? Curious if we're comparing a similar size pool of fights

Comment

Here's another interesting fact. Manny's had 3 UDs in a row now, which would seem very disappointing from his fighting style.

Now back on that time machine. Manny's resume as a super bantamweight all the way to featherweight had 13 wins (100% KOs) and 2 draws (1 draw was stopped in the 6th from a headbutt cut, and the other draw was against Marquez). OK.
          Last edited by Seleção No. 13; 05-12-2011, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTown2Diego View Post
            How many fights did each have at a 130? Curious if we're comparing a similar size pool of fights
            Pac only had a few fights there ( 5-6 I believe) 2 UD's (Barrera and Larios) and one SD (JMM).

Lets think about that though, Pac was fighting Morales, Barrera and JMM @ 130...no wonder his KO % was lower.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTown2Diego View Post
              Pacquaio had 8 and Mayweather had like 23.

It's not a fair comparison.

Add the fact that Mayweather cleaned out the division as opposed to Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                Pac only had a few fights there ( 5-6 I believe) 2 UD's (Barrera and Larios) and one SD (JMM).

Lets think about that though, Pac was fighting Morales, Barrera and JMM @ 130...no wonder his KO % was lower.
                That theory doesn't really work considering he stopped Morales twice, plus he was on the slide in the 2nd fight and shot in the 3rd fight.

And let's not act like Barrera wasn't rapildly on the slide either. Not stopping him was a letdown considering he battered a prime Barrera from pillar to post.

And let's not act like Floyd doesn't have an exceptional resume at 130.

He became Lineal Champion and cleaned out the division.

Like I said, it has nothing to do with competition.

Comment

Mayweather fights differently and has brittle hands. If he put more spite into his punches and put his foot on the gas pedal when his opponent was finished he would have more KOs on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    Manny fought better opponents at 130.
                    BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b1tches!!

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                      Manny fought better opponents at 130.
                      It really is that simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X