Comments Thread For: Marquez: Canelo Can Beat Golovkin, Not Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brujeria View Post
    at the bold.

You made my day, . I agree, f**k Little G.
    You can keep calling him Little G but what if Golovkin schools Canelo if they actually fight? Is he still little G? What does that make Canelo, Tiny C?
    He's the one always fighting at catchweights, refusing to fight at an actual weight limit.
    Now that he thinks he's the Middleweight champ, let's see him prove it by honoring the terms of his fight with Cotto by agreeing to face his mandatory challenger in Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      He is not Hungarian he is of Mongolian descent but I agree with your state mentioned 110%
      You agree with the state mentioned? I'm not surprised considering the first ignoramus thought Golovkin was Hungarian and you're talking about states mentioned. What state was that again?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        No way he takes that fight at 155. Golovkin will refuse a catchweight, and he will also refuse to give Canelo time to adapt to 160.

They will continue to use the exact same tactics they have used to date.

Taking the easy way out.
        Yeah, he's taking the easy way out by attempting to unify the titles in his division and taking on the best opposition in his weight class that will agree to face him. You know, weight classes, those ranges that are designated for boxers to compete in so that they can be classified as that designated weight? What weight class does Canelo box in again? He currently holds a middleweight title but he's not sure if he's a middleweight yet. I'm sure if the mandatory challenger were anyone but Golovkin, Canelo would have no problem fighting at 160 and if Golovkin is taking the easy way out, I can't imagine what Adonis Stevenson, Danny Garcia and Deontay Wilder are doing.

Comment

It's better for Canelo to keep away from Golovkin. Canelo was not so good against smaller Cotto. Golovkin hits harder, moves faster and he is bigger. So, Canelo should stay at 154.

Comment

Canelo murders Pacquiao.
            Yeah, like Margarito, Clottey, Rios..

Comment

I guess we'll see in about 2 years or more....or whenever the hell GGG looks old

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                20 - just shy of 21. And he's undoubtedly both matured physically and improved hugely since then, but I simply ain't seeing him beating Golovkin.

And Canelo has been fighting both at 170+lbs and against 170ish lb fighters for a coupla years now. Angulo, Kirkland, Lara and Trout are all basically MWs who boil down to 154 - why would he need to acclimatise to MW, especially given the widely held belief that 160 is an inferior division?
                I don't know why you would try.

The only possible matchup that I see between those guys is.....

* at catchweight NOW - but Golovkin will refuse
                * at 160, in 12-18 months, when Canelo has adapted to middleweight - but again, Golovkin will refuse.

Sorry dude, but Team Hypekin seem to be doing everything they possibly can to avoid any kind of threat.

They used every excuse in the book to avoid Ward, including a catchweight demand..... they have used evry excuse in the book to avoid Lara..... and Golovkin is the only guy within cooey of Cotto/Canelo who wouldn't cut off one of his fingers to fight them.

Golovkin should be desperate to fight BOTH of those guys, but nope.

I look at what Stevens was able to do in spots, I hear rumors from within their camp, and I see them avoiding Ward/Lara like the plague...... so personally, I don't think they want anything to do with a 160lb much-improved Canelo..... AND I would back Canelo to win given time to adapt to the weight.

Canelo appears to be more skilled than Golovkin against much better opponents, and he is willing to prove it by taking on meaningful fights...... I don't see none of that stuff from Golovkin.

Kovalev is real, and Lomachenko is real..... but Golovkin is clearly a manufactured fighter..... Canelo demanded Lara and Golovkin demanded Monroe, so I will back the real guy.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                  Yeah, like Margarito, Clottey, Rios..
                  Did you just compare Canelo with Rios/Clottey/Margarito ?

Oh, btw..... the Clottey fight was obviously fixed.

#1millionperformancebonusfornotperformingdoe

Comment

I don't know why you would try.

The only possible matchup that I see between those guys is.....

* at catchweight NOW - but Golovkin will refuse
                    * at 160, in 12-18 months, when Canelo has adapted to middleweight - but again, Golovkin will refuse.

Sorry dude, but Team Hypekin seem to be doing everything they possibly can to avoid any kind of threat.

They used every excuse in the book to avoid Ward, including a catchweight demand..... they have used evry excuse in the book to avoid Lara..... and Golovkin is the only guy within cooey of Cotto/Canelo who wouldn't cut off one of his fingers to fight them.

Golovkin should be desperate to fight BOTH of those guys, but nope.

I look at what Stevens was able to do in spots, I hear rumors from within their camp, and I see them avoiding Ward/Lara like the plague...... so personally, I don't think they want anything to do with a 160lb much-improved Canelo..... AND I would back Canelo to win given time to adapt to the weight.

Canelo appears to be more skilled than Golovkin against much better opponents, and he is willing to prove it by taking on meaningful fights...... I don't see none of that stuff from Golovkin.

Kovalev is real, and Lomachenko is real..... but Golovkin is clearly a manufactured fighter..... Canelo demanded Lara and Golovkin demanded Monroe, so I will back the real guy.
                    You think Golovkin - or at least K2 - don't want to fight Canelo? That is an interesting take on the situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      You think Golovkin - or at least K2 - don't want to fight Canelo? That is an interesting take on the situation.

It is plainly obvious that they want NOTHING to do with Canelo at 155, and it is also clearly obvious that they will not allow him time to develop at 160..... like Kovalev did with Ward.

Despite being despreate for top-level exposure, and despite not having a world-class name on his resume'..... it is clear that they would prefer that Canelo is stripped so that Golovkin can be elevated without having to step foot in the ring.

That is NOT how great fighters go about their business, it just isn't.

Gennady Golovkin is OBVIOUSLY a manufactured fighter.

They won't even risk looking bad against Lara FFS.

#fkthenetworkdarlings
                      #realfightersftw

Comment

Working...
                      X