Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA Fighter taps out to spare his opponent from further damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honorable move, but I don't follow MMA enough to really understand why the ref didn't move in first to protect the fighter.

Comment

the fat bald egg should sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by ***9484;***8745;***9488;(***9685;_***9685;)***9484 ;***8745;***9488; View Post
        the fat bald egg should sign him.
        He's ready for Jon Jones, bulk him up. No. 1 contender.

Comment

that was an amateur fight and the guy said it wasnt worth continuing because they werent payd nothing...

Comment

To people saying the fix was in, what does anyone gain from fixing an amateur fight? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
              http://youtu.be/RyBZQlJ8VeA

Wtf?! Why didn't he just run out the clock?
              Good point, if he had such control and he did over the match he could have ran out the clock doing enough to win the rounds and not badly hurt his opponent.

I do not support his decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Good point, if he had such control and he did over the match he could have ran out the clock doing enough to win the rounds and not badly hurt his opponent.

I do not support his decision.
                The initial knee-jerk reaction is to praise the kid for doing the honorable thing.

But if you look at it logically, it was an attention grabbing move. He got to beat up the guy like he was Jean Claude Van Damme in American Kickboxer and then he got to forfeit knowing that it might go viral in some form or fashion, eventually even making it to sports TV. Take away what he did, and its just another amateur MMA fight that nobody heard about.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                  The initial knee-jerk reaction is to praise the kid for doing the honorable thing.

But if you look at it logically, it was an attention grabbing move. He got to beat up the guy like he was Jean Claude Van Damme in American Kickboxer and then he got to forfeit knowing that it might go viral in some form or fashion, eventually even making it to sports TV. Take away what he did, and its just another amateur MMA fight that nobody heard about.
                  If so then he is pretty savvy, but the objective is to win so it seems pointless to have even bothered get in the cage if this wasn't his intent.

Comment

MMA is for middle class college boys who decide they want to fight. I'm not surprised by something like this. Not my cup of tea. When I watch fighting, I want it dirty, I want it til the end, and I want some passion. That's why I love boxing.

Comment

The reason why he did it makes sense. No money was on the line so forget it. The ref must have felt like sh-t. The fighter who was winning knew when to stop the fight better than the ref did. SMH.

Comment

Working...
                      X