Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux agreed to terms, why Donaire don't sign the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he is such a great fighter n i think he beats both Mares n Rigondeaux but he needs to step in the ring n actually do it

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      He could possibly get a bigger purse with the money saved not fighting Rigo.

When Ricky Burns asked 750k to fight Broner, everyone agreed this was Burns pricing himself out. Not sure how this is any difference.
      How so? they expect him to get his biggest purse to date for this fight when he fights Rigondeaux so its better in his mind to fight mathebula jr and mae 800 k and give mathebula jr 200k than make 1.4 mil and give rigondeaux 750k? Doesnt make any sense to me

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
        I don't think either side has signed.......

At least I haven't seen anything
        Dan Rafael said on friday that Rigodneaux and his team signed, but that it doesnt mean anything until donaire does the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
          it's a request...like he requested nishioka to do extra testing with him and nishioka's team turned it down..but the fight still happened.
          it's not a request...........it's more of a demand. for nishioka it was a optional request, not so much for rigo.

he told nishioka you can do it or not do it (up to you) heres his qoute to nishioka

“I haven’t spoken to him directly about it. But I’m probably going to come out and invite them at the press conference on Monday.”

“At a place like that, I will get the opportunity to talk to him, but again, it’s voluntary,” he added. “It would be great if he would agree to it, but it’s really up to him.”

but look at what he says to rigo.........

"'Random' is good, so we can help clean boxing's reputation. If they want to request me to fight them, then I have a request for them to fight fair. It's an even trade,"

that sounds like more of a demand vs what he gave nishioka.

end of discussion..........

Last edited by Godsfly; 02-02-2013, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
            Dan Rafael said on friday that Rigodneaux and his team signed, but that it doesnt mean anything until donaire does the same thing
            Link..... I haven't seen it

Comment

Did Rigo officially sign the contract yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                It also was an article here with Garry Hide(Rigo's manager) saying that they recived the contract and were very happy with the terms..they said they will signed before Friday..

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                  Link..... I haven't seen it
                  go to his chat wrap on friday, i can chew for you I just can't do the swallowing also.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                    it's not a request...........it's more of a demand. for nishioka it was a optional request not so much for rigo.

he told nishioka you can do it or not do it (up to you) heres his qoute to nishioka

“I haven’t spoken to him directly about it. But I’m probably going to come out and invite them at the press conference on Monday.”

“At a place like that, I will get the opportunity to talk to him, but again, it’s voluntary,” he added. “It would be great if he would agree to it, but it’s really up to him.”

but look at what he says to rigo.........

"'Random' is good, so we can help clean boxing's reputation. If they want to request me to fight them, then I have a request for them to fight fair. It's an even trade,"

end of discussion..........

request =/= demand .....a request is a polite way of asking something of someone whereas to demand something means you HAVE to do it [whatever "it" is] ...a demand makes it mandatory..it's more forceful.

donaire asked/requested/invited nishioka to do extra testing, and nishioka's team turned it down, but the fight still happened.
                    Last edited by Bermuda; 02-02-2013, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                      request =/= demand .....a request is a polite way of asking whereas to demand something means you HAVE to do it [whatever "it" is] ...a demand makes it mandatory..it's more forceful.

donaire asked/requested/invited nishioka to do extra testing, and nishioka's team turned it down, but the fight still happened.
                      WOW

i can't help you.

believe what you will.................

Comment

Working...
                      X