Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the Referee says "TEN" the fight is OVER!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    The ref said HE DID NOT STOP THE FIGHT, he said he was up before the 10 count. So what we are saying is meaningless, because the ref said he did not end the fight, so the fight did not end~.
    He told Cintron it's over. What does that mean? It means the fight was stopped. Then he went back on what he said and said, wait a second, I want to unstop this fight. You cannot do that, rules are rules. Cintron didn't get up by the time the referee counted to 10 meaning he was counted out meaning he lost, a referee can't go back on this kind of thing, it's like a referee taking a point away from a fighter then the fighter throws a temper tantrum leading to the referee telling the judges to not count the point deduction, you just can't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
      He was up before 10. Just because the referee for some reason decided to count while he was on his feet doesn't mean he should be punished

However from what I saw (the fight up 'till round 10) giving Cintron a draw is just plain wrong
      You're completey wrong there. It is the referee's count they go by. Most boxers know if they aren't on their feet at 9, they lose. There are plenty of guys who are standing at 9, but if you aren't fully up and looking into the referee's eyes at the count of 10, then you are out.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        He told Cintron it's over. What does that mean? It means the fight was stopped. Then he went back on what he said and said, wait a second, I want to unstop this fight. You cannot do that, rules are rules. Cintron didn't get up by the time the referee counted to 10 meaning he was counted out meaning he lost, a referee can't go back on this kind of thing, it's like a referee taking a point away from a fighter then the fighter throws a temper tantrum leading to the referee telling the judges to not count the point deduction, you just can't do that.
        It is up to thge ref to decide if the fight is over or not whether he got up or not. He did not do anythign like that, the ref shook his head saying that was not a head but, he did not say it is over. I have watched it twicce and am about to for the 3rd time.

If the ref said he did not end the fight after the knockdown, then the fight is not over.

IF THE REF SAID THE FIGHT IS TO CONTINUE AND HE DID NOT END IT, WHO ARE YOU TO SAY IT SHOUDL BE DIFFERENT WHEN THE REF IS THE FINAL SAY ON WHAT HAPPEANS IN THE RING. YOU ARE PUTTING WORDS AND ACTIONS THAT THE REF DID NOT DO IN THE EQUATION. IF THE REF SAID HE DID NOT END THE FIGHT RIGHT THERE, WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THE FIGHT SHOULD BE ENDED, ARE YOU ABLE TO READ THE REFS MIND? It is not clear at all what the ref did so for you to say with such clarity what happeaned is asanine at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
          Martinez got SCREWED tonight. It doesn't matter if he was up by a fraction of a second before the ref said ten. When the referee counts ten, the fight is over. Crybaby Cintron got checked and counted out
          in the 7th. The fight should have been over. Then Martinez got a bull**** point deduction because of Cintron's ducking. The scoring of the fight sucked! This decision was a FUCKIN' atrocity!
          TOTALLY AGREE - Cintron and Florida boxing are done.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            It is up to thge ref to decide if the fight is over or not whether he got up or not. He did not do anythign like that, the ref shook his head saying that was not a head but, he did not say it is over. I have watched it twicce and am about to for the 3rd time.

If the ref said he did not end the fight after the knockdown, then the fight is not over.

IF THE REF SAID THE FIGHT IS TO CONTINUE AND HE DID NOT END IT, WHO ARE YOU TO SAY IT SHOUDL BE DIFFERENT WHEN THE REF IS THE FINAL SAY ONE WHAT HAPPEANS IN THE RING. YOU ARE PUTTING WORDS AND ACTIONS THAT THE REF DID NOT DO IN THE EQUATION. IF THE REF SAID HE DID NOT END THE FIGHT RIGHT THERE< WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THE FIGHT SHOULD BE ENDED, ARE YOU ABLE TO READ THE REFS MIND?
            He said it was over to Cintron, listen carefully. And what don't you get about the count out system? Once the count reaches 10 it is over, there is a reason why a referee counts to 10, it is to give a fighter a chance to get up before 10, if he doesn't, the fighter loses. No benefit of the doubt, if referees give fighters the benefit of the doubt we'd be seeing a lot of stupid **** going on in this sport. 10 seconds is what you have to get up, if you don't, it's over, plain and simple. Cintron didn't get up before 10 so he shouldn't have been allowed to continue plain and simple yet again.

Comment

At 3.28 you can hear him say it's over, unless I'm misidentifying who said it's over which I doubt because it's clearly not the announce team and why would Cintron say it's over?

Comment

It was a shocking display by the ref,and there have been some bad ones in recent times,but that was right up with the very worst

Comment

He said it was over to Cintron, listen carefully. And what don't you get about the count out system? Once the count reaches 10 it is over, there is a reason why a referee counts to 10, it is to give a fighter a chance to get up before 10, if he doesn't, the fighter loses. No benefit of the doubt, if referees give fighters the benefit of the doubt we'd be seeing a lot of stupid **** going on in this sport. 10 seconds is what you have to get up, if you don't, it's over, plain and simple. Cintron didn't get up before 10 so he shouldn't have been allowed to continue plain and simple yet again.

No it is not over when the 10 count ends, it is over when the ref says it is over. If a fighter stands at 9 then stumbles while the gloves are getting wiped off and the fight is stopped. It is the refs call if a fighter can continue or not, or in this situation that he actually got up, it is all judgement and grey not black and white because I THINK THAT CINTRON BEAT THE COUNT. Now the ref has one look at things, once chance to decide, and there was all kind of comotion after that, so like I said to say with clarity that the fight should have ended is asanine at best. The ref said he did not end the fight and I take his word on that.

Since you can read the ref's mind and intentions you obviously know more then I do about the situation, good luck with proving it.

Comment

At 3.28 you can hear him say it's over, unless I'm misidentifying who said it's over which I doubt because it's clearly not the announce team and why would Cintron say it's over?
                    what a punk cintron is.F.ucking outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
                      what a punk cintron is.F.ucking outrageous.
                      Clear as a bell the ref says"its over" at least twice

Comment

Working...
                      X