have we watched the same fight?
    because i thought mayweather dominates marquez because of

1. reach, mayweather jab killed marquez
    cotto doesnt have reach advantage against pac

2. speed
    cotto is slow like a turtle

3. defense
    cotto defense sucks, he got a good chin thou
    You saw the same thing I did. Size had NOTHING to do with this fight. Floyd isnt a Hatto-type bruiser where he looks to wear you down. He won by being better.

Comment

To me it was all about speed. Floyd looked that much faster than Marquez. Size was also a major factor as well. I compare this to Jones vs Trinidad where clearly the smaller man couldn't hurt the bigger man. It was nothing Maruqez could have done differently.

Since Floyd failed to re-weigh himself before the fight how much do you think he weighed? The weight difference was probably maybe 8 lbs to me, but it was like an optical illusion, where Floyd looked like a heavyweight compared to Marquez.

Comment

If mayweather was bigger

marquez should of landed more than 12% of his punches

Comment

The most stupid part of the debate is if Floyd is such a defensive fighter how does size help him , if he was smaller he would be faster , the weight had nothing to do with the win but Floyds speed and timing would beat JMM at any size and any time , Floyd is just a natural gifted fighter where JMM is a conventionally taught great fighter , the natural will win these every time .

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
            You're completely wrong. The reason Marquez lost was because of Floyd's SPEED, REACH, SIZE, YOUTH, WEIGHT, STAMINA, DEFENSE. This was a mismatch from the start. Marquez had virtually NO advantages. How the hell do we give credit to Floyd for fighting a no-risk opponent? In my mind he doesn't. Until he fights an opponent with a few advantages over him and dominates that opponent Floyd is only P4P #2.
            I agree that PBF did have all the advantages a fighter could have in a fight but we already know that even before the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
              I agree that PBF did have all the advantages a fighter could have in a fight but we already know that even before the fight...
              The reason Mayweather did as good as he did was because he had the weight and strength to wishstand anything marquez brought. He wasnt afraid of anything.

Pacquiao will lose to the bigger heavier and stronger Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by fightingfigs View Post
                Thats right let reality set in now guys. especially pacquiao heads.

Dont get me wrong Pacs good but in the Welterweight division Miguel Cotto reigns supreme in all aspects.

Pacquiao will most likely get KOed.

And lets be honest the only two guys who have a good chace of beating Floyd are Shane and Cotto. Cotto is the best bet
                i've been saying this from the jump...

pac ain't no WW and the cotto has a 10+ lbs advantage.

THERE'S A REASON WHY THERE ARE WEIGHT DIVISIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
                  The most stupid part of the debate is if Floyd is such a defensive fighter how does size help him , if he was smaller he would be faster , the weight had nothing to do with the win but Floyds speed and timing would beat JMM at any size and any time , Floyd is just a natural gifted fighter where JMM is a conventionally taught great fighter , the natural will win these every time .
                  if size wasn't a factor then why didn't floyd make weight?

Comment

LOL @ people using weight as an excuses. JMM was in the ring with a MUCH Superior boxer. He was made to look stupid. Speed was the difference

Comment

Working...
                    X