Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan doesn't deserve a rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually see Khan-Garcia happening again before Matthysse.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Yeah and he could've made over 2mil fighting Khan - 50% of UK ppv. You're right. He took an much easier fight for a smaller payday. Thats called a duck.

Promise of Pac fight? He was about 4th choice lol. He makes more money in the Pac fight if he beats Khan. But he was scared of losing to Khan - his words.
      So you are telling me that Tim shouldn't had not fought Pac and just should had fought Khan no matter how it would had messed up the deal?

Tim chases Khan for a while and Khan came knocking when it was out in the public the problems that Tim was having with his management. Lets not pretend that it didn't happen.

Any way what ever you want to believe so you can feel better go ahead.

IMO I would had loved to see a Bradley/Khan fight cause that would had decided there and then at that time who was the best 140 fighter

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        I have to agree with Angel Garcia, he does not deserve a rematch. I don't see why he should get rematches, more title shots than Zab Judah and star treatment yet Prescott doesn't.

If Garcia wants to rematch him, I am cool with him knocking Amir Khan out again, because that is what would happen. I just think its time he faced his demons and earned it. A win over Carlos Molina doesn't prove anything.
        Dan, are you complaining about the Khan-Molina match-up? If so, that's a little unjust, given that Khan's just come off a KO loss AND switched trainer.

You're right, though. Beating Molina means nothing. It is, however, an excellent opportunity for Khan to implement any new skill/strategy.

The problem with Khan is arrogance, pure and simple. He's always looking one or two fights ahead, and that's where he comes unstuck. In the Peterson bout he was talking about Bradley/Mayweather; pre-Garcia, he was talking about negotiations with Team Mayweather. The guy needs to focus. Can Hunter rein Khan in? We'll have to wait and see.

There's way too much hate for Khan on NSB. Regardless of whether he has a glass chin, he's resume is better than most at 140.

I personally think a focussed and disciplined Khan beats Garcia at 140; but the problem is Khan has bought into his own hype. You'd have though the KO loss would have humbled him. It appears not.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          So you are telling me that Tim shouldn't had not fought Pac and just should had fought Khan no matter how it would had messed up the deal?

Tim chases Khan for a while and Khan came knocking when it was out in the public the problems that Tim was having with his management. Lets not pretend that it didn't happen.

IMO I would had loved to see a Bradley/Khan fight cause that would had decided there and then at that time who was the best 140 fighter
          It wouldn't have messed up any deal. Bradley could've fought Khan in July - it was agreed to by his promoter, by HBO and by Team Khan. It was a 50/50 deal across the board - something he didn't even deserve.

Then he beats Khan, becomes a bigger name and then fights Pacquiao for even more money. But the guy didn't think he could beat Khan. So that's on him.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

Tim mentioned Khan and Khan wanted it, this was 3 years a go.

Tim went to see Khan VS Mccklowskey in April, and July 14th was the date arranged.

Then Tim says no fight.

Tim fights Cassamoyor next...

Comment

Khan can never win. If he chases a rematch, he doesn't deserve it. If he were to make no mention of a rematch he would be accused of cowardice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                It wouldn't have messed up any deal. Bradley could've fought Khan in July - it was agreed to by his promoter, by HBO and by Team Khan. It was a 50/50 deal across the board - something he didn't even deserve.

Then he beats Khan, becomes a bigger name and then fights Pacquiao for even more money. But the guy didn't think he could beat Khan. So that's on him.
                except you forgot the part where if he fought khan he wouldn't be with top rank. he would still be with gary shaw. when do gary shaw fighters get big ppv fights?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  except you forgot the part where if he fought khan he wouldn't be with top rank. he would still be with gary shaw. when do gary shaw fighters get big ppv fights?
                  Gary shaw openly stated timmy could sign a 1 fight extension fight khan and then still be a free agent

Comment

if he gives prescot his rematch he will chase away some of the demons.

right now he doesn't deserve ****

Comment

Garcia didn't "deserve" his title shot but he got one anyway.

Dirk has ripped this stupid thread apart anyways, not much to add to it.
                      Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 11-05-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X