Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jack, Bute Ends in Draw - Jack Sets Up DeGale Unification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a fan of his but Jack keeps on improving as a fighter, didn't think anything of him just a couple of years ago. Oh and this was a straight robbery

Comment

Jack won. Bute came on late, way late but it was too little too late. Clear cut win for Jack. Jack has had some dominant wins where the scorecards were close which makes me wonder what is going on, why the judges cannot see when he is dominating.

Comment

I had the fight 115-113 Jack, but I didn't think this result was THAT bad. I've certainly seen worse.

Probably the easiest run to score was the last three rounds where Jack was knackered and Bute was coming on. Nothing happened in the first which Lucian may have edged. ISTR there was a mid round he may have taken. One more of the closeish rounds (of which there were some) and it was a draw.

A choice between 116-112 and 114-114, I'd have gone for the former, but I've definitely seen worse decisions.

Comment

I had it 115-113 Jack. A draw really isn't that farfetched if you gave Bute one of the earlier rounds where nothing much happened.

Not sure why people are saying they are impressed with Jack. All I saw last night was two average super middleweight 'title' fights, which were both fairly close. Just goes to show how barren the division is atm.

Comment

I fell asleep about round 8 or 9 and just assumed Jack was going to win UD, he seemed pretty comfortable to me.

Very surprised to see this ended up a draw. Bad decision it seems judging by folk on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              But I'm sure if they fought FKN 100-1 underdog BUMS their size you would he down with that??? STFU! U don't know SHT about boxing kid. Go watch reruns of the biggest mismatch fight in boxing the last 20+ years and jack-off to that POS fight
              What?
              Proofread first nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                I fell asleep about round 8 or 9 and just assumed Jack was going to win UD, he seemed pretty comfortable to me.

Very surprised to see this ended up a draw. Bad decision it seems judging by folk on here.
                I fell asleep as well -- even if Bute was supposed to be "my boy"... But he isn't.

Comment

The Showtime commentators were favoring Jack quite a bit.

How many low blows are you allowed until you start giving hard warnings and deducting points?

If a fighter is allowed to throw below the belt punches, it changes the complexion of the game. Especially in this case since Jack was mostly throwing body punches.

Comment

Jack won clearly 8-4

Comment

Jack won this but good display from Bute.

Comment

Working...
                      X