No announcement yet.

Dozens killed in Brussels terrorist attack

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I do not see a problem with Islam. If you do, fine. Going back to Boston Guy's initial post, if you were a world leader it would be asinine for you to frame it that way.

I treat this the same way I do religious ideologues that commit crimes in the name of whoever their God is.
    So im still kinda confused about this whole issue.
    But isnt it true that there is a problem within Islam? That the more Islam spreads the greater the chances of terrorist attacks?

I mean, you dont get Islamic extremists without Islam.

Im not suggesting trying to eradicate Islam, but just that the problem is very much a product of the religion, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      There's over 2 billion Muslims worldwide and it's the fastest growing religion in the world.

And truth is if even a small percentage of them support terrorism or strict Syria law, that's still millions and millions of Muslims.

Exactly how do you suggest the rest of the world picks who's good or bad?

You can kill as many Isis members as you want, Wahibism and it's backwards barbaric ideology is a strong part of Muslim ideology and you'll never kill that off.
      you didn't answer the questions I asked. please, be kind enough to answer.

Yes it is millions, but still the minority.

I think we start by aggressively going after ISIS/ISIL where they are most prevalent. Of course that would require a discussion with Russia first as they have a large footprint in Syria. Either way, that is where I would start.

I don't know exactly how to deal with the "lone wolves" we are seeing in Cali and Europe. I would start by changing the gun laws in the US to make them harder to obtain and in the EU where many guns get to terrorists because they are classified as almost "movie props" or something like that they get into terrorists hands and then are converted to "hot" weapons.

I would have to think some more.

Comment

• #regressiveleft

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
          So im still kinda confused about this whole issue.
          But isnt it true that there is a problem within Islam? That the more Islam spreads the greater the chances of terrorist attacks?

I mean, you dont get Islamic extremists without Islam.

Im not suggesting trying to eradicate Islam, but just that the problem is very much a product of the religion, no?
          I don't think so. I can't say what exactly makes one radical and one not. I don't think its just their religion, I am sure there are other factors that lead one toward terrorism/criminality.

Well of course if there is no Islam then there would be no "radical muslim terrorists". The fact that we call it radical is at least an acknowledgement that they are not "regular" Muslims.

Comment

you didn't answer the questions I asked. please, be kind enough to answer.

Yes it is millions, but still the minority.

I think we start by aggressively going after ISIS/ISIL where they are most prevalent. Of course that would require a discussion with Russia first as they have a large footprint in Syria. Either way, that is where I would start.

I don't know exactly how to deal with the "lone wolves" we are seeing in Cali and Europe. I would start by changing the gun laws in the US to make them harder to obtain and in the EU where many guns get to terrorists because they are classified as almost "movie props" or something like that they get into terrorists hands and then are converted to "hot" weapons.

I would have to think some more.
            Answer which question? You asked 3 and I'm nit even sure what your specifically asking.

should be looking to eradicate ISIS/ISIL or should we be looking to eradicate Islam?

those that are not picking the Caliphate, what is to be done with them?

How are you determining that it is working?
            And ps, eliminating ISIS doesn't do anything. ISIS comes from Wahibism, Wahibism is ingrained in the Muslim culture.

We got rid of Al Queda and got ISIS. Get rid of ISIS you'll get something else, there is no end to this mess.

Comment

I don't think so. I can't say what exactly makes one radical and one not. I don't think its just their religion, I am sure there are other factors that lead one toward terrorism/criminality.

Well of course if there is no Islam then there would be no "radical muslim terrorists". The fact that we call it radical is at least an acknowledgement that they are not "regular" Muslims.
              I agree that there are a host of factors, but the one factor that links them all is fundamentalist Islam.

Comment

• Muhammad, the Muslim prophet, was a warlord and the Quran is filled with commands to use violence in the service of Islam. Importantly, Islam makes no distinction between church and state and is thus a political as well as religious ideology. The attitude of Islam toward using violence against non-Muslims is clear: convert, live in subjection, or die. How can Muslims, if they are in fact Muslims, live in a democratic, secular society? They can't. Islam as a religion and an ideology has by far the greatest tendency to violence, of all religions (Christianity, Judaism, etc.)

In any case, the willingness of 'moderate Muslims' to be what are objectively bad Muslims, because they reject key teachings of historical Islam, may be laudable in human terms but does nothing to modify Islam as a violent doctrine. This stretches from the sixth to the twenty-first century. Muslims willing to make the change would be portrayed as traitors to their religion, by the fundamentalists, of whom there are plenty. Their jihad is endless.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  You give them too much credit.
                  It's not even left, it's either ethno-leftism or cowardice/vote-catching.
                  Last edited by Y0@NN; 03-30-2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
                    You give them too much credit.
                    It's not even left, it's either ethno-leftism or cowardice/invested.
                    It's "regressive left" e.g. apologists

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      It's "regressive left" e.g. apologists
                      I hear you but it's not even a political ideology, it's just people pushing for their own community's interest or politicians, journalists and "artists" saying what's best for their careers.
                      Last edited by Y0@NN; 03-29-2016, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X