Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone knowledgeable in the bible confirm this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
    NEVER! now answer my question...
    Jeeezus your dense. How can I answer a question about something that doesn't exist?

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
      Interesting... doesn't look like the 10 commandments at all, which is what I've said about 6 times by now.

Not a major rule or point to make.
      Whats your obsession with the 10 commandments and child molestation? It sounds to me like you might have suffered in your childhood yourself to stroke such a sensitive topic over it and over, and if thats the case I feel for you, and understand why you might have so much hate for God.

In anycase the 10 commandments were designed for everyday life. To worship God, not to steal or covet, honor parents etc... Child molestation was not an everyday occurrence among the Israelites. And if it happened the offender would have probably received the death penalty.

Nice judgement and name calling... spoken like a true man of religion.

I love religious hypocrites
      I didnt say I am a man of religion, and your right if I were I shouldn't even be arguing with you, but in my heart of hearts I know Christianity is right.

However, what makes you despicable is that you go on with your stupidity and bashing in attempt to draw Christians in so that when they give you the same medicine back you can then point your finger and say see they're fighting back, what hypocrites. If anyone is a hypocrite its you. If you want to hold yourself in higher regard than a Christian then you refrain from name calling and insults, so that when a Christian does it you can be blameless.
      Last edited by Enayze; 11-17-2015, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Hypocrite

Hypocrite
        Let me ask you a serious question, did you drop out of highschool?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
          You havent explained WHY you accept it.
          Im trying to understand your reasoning.
          Again, I have multiple times.

Once more, for you:

He gave me life, which is the greatest gift, so I do not condemn Him.

Get it yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            ...well let me school you on debate 101.
            LMFAO!!!

You don't even know what a strawman fallacy is, and you think you're going school someone else on the basics of Debate??

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              Again, I have multiple times.

Once more, for you:

He gave me life, which is the greatest gift, so I do not condemn Him.

Get it yet?
              You cut this important part out...

"Ive explained why i could condemn my parents for their actions, even though they gave me life.
              You havent explained why God giving you life means you cannot condemn him."

And please dont be condescending with your "get it yet?". Its not necessary.

Comment

I can't say it anymore than I already have.

And that's the problem with the bible and religion.

The bible means what it says... unless of course it doesn't... in that case, interpret it how you want.
                The Bible says he is a jealous God. I never claimed it didn't. All I did was provide the context of why that was said.

If what I said was incorrect, please point it out (which you obviously can't)

Also, God is a jealous God, so what (In your opinion) is wrong with that....given the context of what was going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Prime example of how absurd theist logic is. It clearly states that he is jealous in the Bible, and we get rationalization 1, 345 to interpret it correctly...lol

This is the exact reason there are 30,000 sects of Christianity and it's hilarious anytime one of you give the "right" interpretation of what I'm reading with my own two eyes.

Everything I stated is accurate as far as what is going on in the bible. If not, please point it out.

1. Hebrews were taking out of Egypt
                  2. Hebrews wanted to enter into a relationship with YHWH.
                  3. God outlined the terms of that said relationship
                  4. As part of that, God said he is a Jealous God in the sense he won't tolerate any unfaithfulness and worshiping of any other god's (Jealous = demanding exclusive devotion).

It's no different that any other agreement we see today (whether it's marriage, terms of employment etc) in the sense that there are certain requirements that have to be met as part of that agreement.

I actually would love to see someone point out how any of this is inaccurate and is not what is going on in the bible. Also, as I asked Reed, what is wrong with God making a statement about being jealous, given the context of what is going on?

Comment

Jealousy is a weak ass trait to have if you're a grown man let alone a god.
                    Not really. Jealousy has propelled many a men to greatness.

Comment

Jealousy is a weak ass trait to have if you're a grown man let alone a god.

Someone carves out a baby cow out of a bunch of necklaces and you're jealous?

Jesus Christ.

That had more to do with reneging on an agreement than worshiping a golden cow.

It's equivalent to a women agreeing to marry you, and a few weeks after the wedding, you catch her having intercourse with another man. Who wouldn't be upset with that?

Now if she was just a random, and you found out later she was with someone else......most likely you wouldn't care. But based off the committed relationship you both entered, your obviously going to feel different about the situation.

FWIW....I'll just end this by agreeing to disagree. I don't see the error in this, but you obviously do.

Nothing wrong with that, but why waste any more time when we obviously have different views.

Comment

Working...
                      X