No announcement yet.

UFC Continues to Screw Rashad Evans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC Continues to Screw Rashad Evans

If a fighter isn't ready to fight when "Dana" says he's ready to fight, then that means you lose your title shot?

Let's look at the history of things.

Rashad was ready to fight Shogun, but Shogun was injured. Rashad decides to wait until Shogun recovers for his title shot, understandably. Rashad gets injured when Shogun is ready and Jones steps in Rashad's place for the title shot.

Rashad was ready to fight Jones, but Jones was injured. Instead of waiting like he did for Shogun, Rashad dominates Ortiz instead. Jones miraculously recovers weeks after the Rashad - Ortiz bout was announced. In result, Rampage gets a title shot.

Rashad is set to face Jones again, but this time Rashad gets hurt and Machida gets the title shot.

Rashad is now set to face Phil Davis and they're talking about Jones fighting Dan Henderson.

My point is, what's the "rush"?

If you can't fight when Dana wants you to fight, that shouldn't automatically mean "you blew your chance on a title shot"?

Dana always does this to fighters. Rashad is P4P one of the top fighters in the game; he's been passed over for a title shot going on 4 times now. Rashad hasn't lost since the Machida fight, but guys that lost between then and now are getting title shots over him (i.e Machida x2 and Rampage).

Dana, slow down and wait until fighters are healed before bypassing them.

Machida made rashad his biitch and 140 needed a big main event so i dont see the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
      Machida made rashad his biitch and 140 needed a big main event so i dont see the problem.
      Hmmmm Let's talk objectively and rate both fighters (Machida/Rashad) after they fought:

Rashad - 3-0

Machida - 2-2 (counting Jones 2-3).

How does Machida get the title shot before Rashad? Because he beat Rashad, I guess Rashad is forever in debted. But even if that's the case, Rashad beat the crap out of Rampage, but Page still got the shot before him. So your theory is ruined.

Comment

Hendo is not getting the title shot next. Dana already confirmed that if Rashad beats Davis, Rashad will is getting the shot GUARANTEED.

Jones isn't fighting until at least May. So that gives more than enough time after the Rashad-Davis fight for Rashad to prepare for Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
          Hendo is not getting the title shot next. Dana already confirmed that if Rashad beats Davis, Rashad will is getting the shot GUARANTEED.

Jones isn't fighting until at least May. So that gives more than enough time after the Rashad-Davis fight for Rashad to prepare for Jones.
          Man I hope to God this is true.

I'm 99.9% confident Rashad will go through Davis. But even if Rashad wins but somehow injures himself in the victory, I just don't want Dana to pull a "you're hurt = no title shot...... NEXT" move.

That said, I think Rashad will defeat Jones. We've never seen Jon on his back and I think Rashad's the one to do it. I also think Rashad knows something about Jones that we don't.

The worse possible matchup for Rashad right now is not Jones, but Henderson. Henderson's right hand scares the heck out of me when it comes to Rashad.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            Hmmmm Let's talk objectively and rate both fighters (Machida/Rashad) after they fought:

Rashad - 3-0

Machida - 2-2 (counting Jones 2-3).

How does Machida get the title shot before Rashad? Because he beat Rashad, I guess Rashad is forever in debted. But even if that's the case, Rashad beat the crap out of Rampage, but Page still got the shot before him. So your theory is ruined.
            1. Rashad humping rampage for 3 rounds isnt beating the crap outta somebody.

2. Your missing the point why should jones have to wait to fight?

Comment

Rashad also almost knocked rampage the fuk out during all that humping, u tryna tell me if Rampage blasts u with a punch and u was wobbly u would just stand there and bang wit him? Rashad took the shot and took page down. At this level of MMA there is no guts or glorry, theres too much sponsership money at stake and it cuts to deep to get a show bonus but no win bonus, wins equals money, look at Bisping he's racked up so many wins hes at the six figure point.

Point blank taking Rampage down is the best move for your health and career especially with Rampages power and chin

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                1. Rashad humping rampage for 3 rounds isnt beating the crap outta somebody.

2. Your missing the point why should jones have to wait to fight?
                Rampage finally had a moment in round 3 of the fight. Guess what? He still didn't win the round because Rashad took him down and punched him in the face countless times.

Why should Jones have to wait? Because his #1 challenger is injured. Just like Jones was injured when he was slated to fight Rashad, Rashad got injured as well.

But what's the big rush?

I can see if fighters take years to recover. But some of these injuries only take a few months to recover from.

But regardless if you're the #1 contender, if you're not ready to fight when Dana says fight = loss of title shot.

Comment

It costs UFC a lot of money when the big draws like GSP or lesnar can't fight.

Their second best option is Anderson Silva and Jon Jones. With Jones they can really build a ppv star, so they wan't to keep him busy.

Rashad is known to get injured in training, a lot. They therefore can't schedule him long beforehand for a titlefight as theres a high risk of having to replace / scrap the fight all together.

It's unfortunate, because Rashad vs Jones is one of the most appealing fights out there both from a fighting standpoint and from a business standpoint.
                  Thats the fight the UFC wants, but i guess everything must lineup perfectly for it to become a reality.
                  I hope Rashad gets the next shot, but i think the UFC is waiting it out a little more before deciding.

Comment

I think its more of a business move then anything.

He needs the champs to be fighting instead of waiting around on injuries.

Comment

Working...
                    X