Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC Fight on November 21. Who will it be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not everyone will be watching Cotto - Canelo as it is PPV. This gives those people something to watch in it's place. It's not like it will take any of the PPV audience away or will have any effect at all on that major event. It will just end up being another poorly attended and viewed PBC event. In other words, par for the PBC course.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      he should put on something in the afternoon that day and capitalise on the hype without actually competing
      Not that would be smart

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        wouldn't be surprised if it's Garcia/Guerrero....but don't know what kind of Mexican/P.R person would watch that over the PPV

I'll probably have a stream up, but it'll take backseat to the PPV
        But it wouldn't compete with the PPV in anyway. The card would be in the afternoon, with the PPV card in the evening as usual. No overlap that I am aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
          But it wouldn't compete with the PPV in anyway. The card would be in the afternoon, with the PPV card in the evening as usual. No overlap that I am aware of.
          If they did it in the afternoon then there's really no problem

Comment

Cotto vs Canelo is too big and too good to have any real competition and there is nothing he can do about it. Force pay for view buyers to choose and the vast majority will buy the Cotto-Canelo fight and not whatever fight he chooses to compete with it.

Comment

Won't be anyone big. If they put their big named fighters, then they won't get as much viewers, which is the last thing you want if you're trying to build up guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                If they did it in the afternoon then there's really no problem
                Yep would give me some boxing to watch while preparing for the nights fight party

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
                  This. If Haymon throws a card together it should be a nice full day of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                    I doubt Haymon will try to compete with the most anticipated fight in boxing since May's dud.
                    Wow! The second most anticipated fight of the year. The most anticipated fight in boxing since the one that sold 4.4 million PPVs. Wow! That is the equivalent of saying "the most anticipated Superbowl since last year."

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                      Let's be real. Haymon is going to try to put on a good card on November 21 to stick it to both Oscar and RocNation. Who will the main event be? Maybe the rumored Thurman vs Porter? Or do you think Canelo-Cotto is so big that its not even worth competing with and they are more likely to do an afternoon card instead? My guess is that he puts on something to directly compete with Canelo-Cotto.

So if there is a PBC event on that night, who will be fighting?
                      There is no fight out there in Haymons stable that would top Canelo-Cotto. It would be nice if he put together a nice midday card on that same day. I think it would be smart if he did that. He'd get better numbers(viewers) and it would be a boxing day all day.

Comment

Working...
                      X