Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtimes plans will fail unless the Pac Floyd fight happens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Significant losses? Lol. They are part of a billion dollar company.

Even if they lose 10 million a fight, the sponsorship they are getting from Floyd far outweighs it... Do you know what Sports wear , Sports drink companies, etc pay for sponsors?

Comment

Originally posted by 2014Classic View Post
      Significant losses? Lol. They are part of a billion dollar company.

Even if they lose 10 million a fight, the sponsorship they are getting from Floyd far outweighs it... Do you know what Sports wear , Sports drink companies, etc pay for sponsors?
      So why didn't HBO keep him for that sponsorship???

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        They can do whatever suits them. I just don't see why you need Mayweather to make Broner vs Garcia, Garcia vs Matthysse, Thurman vs Khan, etc. There are many fight combinations that they can make without involving Mayweather and fans would be ecstatic to watch these fights.

I can't for the life of me understand what they're waiting for. They'd rather recycle Malignaggi and Judah.
        Networks don't need Mayweather and incur millions of dollars in loses. All Showtime needs to do is make GBP stop recycling Judah and Malignaggi. Broner vs Matthysse would put them back on the map. But they won't do it. They'd rather continue with over protecting their fighters.

Comment

I don't think Floyd Mayweather Jr really cares if Showtime makes a profit or not. He is riding them to retirement no doubt about it. If you are implying that Showtime will force Floyd Mayweather into fighting Manny Pacquiao in order to make a profit, well don't hope on it because we all know that Floyd is the one who decides who he will fight. He does not sit around waiting for a phone call.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            So Showtime had 1 or 2 PPV's fights that year and one of them was the most profitable ever and they only got a 12% increase... That's ****ing terrible the last Showtime PPV card I can remember before Floyd/Canelo are Floyd/Guerrero and Cotto/Mayorga. Showtime got absolutely taken like fools, that's what they get for hiring a former GBP lawyer.
            If they only got a 12% increase, wouldn't that mean that they didn't lose money?

I'm not a math major but that's what it seems like to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
              So why didn't HBO keep him for that sponsorship???
              Because Haymon and Schaeffer moved to showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by The Raw Dog View Post
                Debating is entertaining when you actually have facts on your side, and for those to suggest Showtime is "hemorrhaging money" or taking huge loses gives me a better understanding of the level of education some posters on this site may really have.
                Ah finally someone with some sort of reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
                  If they only got a 12% increase, wouldn't that mean that they didn't lose money?

I'm not a math major but that's what it seems like to me.
                  My point is they got at least DOUBLE the PPV buys from the year before and only went up 12%. If you get double the buys shouldn't you make double the profit? They have at best broken even at this point after the Maidana fight paydays they handed out, and they burned up the biggest PPV event they could make already (aside from May/Pac.)

Comment

Working...
                  X