Jordan says he would beat LeBron, maybe lose to Kobe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
    great.

after 9 years in the league, he finally has a post up move.

by 2021, he should have his 2nd one.

Comment

Jordan > Lebron

> kobe

Comment

Jordan Schools trash talking Oj Mayo

The internet has been a buzz since Michael Jordan decided to reveal to the world that he thinks he’d beat LeBron James in a game of one-on-one.

Jordan was honest in saying Kobe might defeat him because the Black Mamba just “steals all his moves.”

In his prime, Michael Jordan thinks he would have defeated LeBron James and other NBA legends in a game of one-on-one. But there’s one matchup Jordan wasn’t sure about.

“I don’t think I would lose,” Jordan said, “other than to Kobe Bryant because he steals all of my moves.”

Jordan was doing a promo for NBA 2K14 when he was initially asked about who he would like to play. During the promo, Ahmad Rashad asked Jordan about all the trash he talked during his career.

Jordan said “he didn’t trash talk unless he personally knew the player,” and that “he usually let his game do his talking.”

At that point Jordan revealed a hilarious story about trash talking to Rashad with an amazing twist.

According to Jordan, then Huntington, WV star OJ Mayo attended his basketball camp going into his Senior year in high school.

At that time Mayo was considered the top prep player in the country and someone who might have considered making the jump straight to the NBA if he was allowed.

Mayo like most McDonald’s All American was feeling himself and got caught up in talking trash to an older Michael Jordan while an audience was in range.

According to reports, Jordan played one game at about half speed against Mayo, but grew agitated by Mayo’s constant jawing at him.

At that point, Jordan sent all the other campers to bed accept Mayo, and proceeded to give O.J. an a** whooping he’d never forget.

Our friends over at Larry Brown Sports have obtained a copy of that one-on-one matchup, and take it from me, Michael treated young O.J. like he was Craig Ehlo.

During an interview with Bucks TV on Wednesday. Mayo gave his side of the story.

“I happened to be the only high school player [at the camp],” Mayo said. “It was mainly freshmen in college. So [Jordan] came on the court and he guarded me, so instantly I thought, ‘man, he must think I’m not the strong link over here.’ I got it going a little bit. Obviously it’s any ballplayer’s dream to play against Mike. I couldn’t tell you how many times I did his move.

“I got a few buckets and I think the campers knew I was only a high school kid, so they got rowdy a little bit. We got a little bit of jawing. We played two games — it was a team game. I think we split one and one. And then he said ‘OK, now let me handle my business.’ And he looked me in my face and I said ‘whatchu mean?’

“He said ‘I need all the campers and everybody to leave. Let’s clear the gym.’ And I said ‘oh man.’”

Mayo said at that point, Jordan flipped the switch.

“So we continued playing pickup, and Mike was Mike. He was jawing a little bit and really getting into me defensively. He was backing me down and said ‘you better scream for momma. Momma, momma!’” Mayo recalls Jordan chanting.

“He hit the famous fadeaway on me. So I said ‘OK, OK, you got it going.’

“And then he said, ‘Fella, let me tell you something. You may be the best high school player in the world, but I’m the greatest ever. Don’t you ever disrespect the great like that!”

You can see the lesson for yourself.

You gotta love MJ man.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
          Jordan Schools trash talking Oj Mayo

The internet has been a buzz since Michael Jordan decided to reveal to the world that he thinks he’d beat LeBron James in a game of one-on-one.

Jordan was honest in saying Kobe might defeat him because the Black Mamba just “steals all his moves.”

In his prime, Michael Jordan thinks he would have defeated LeBron James and other NBA legends in a game of one-on-one. But there’s one matchup Jordan wasn’t sure about.

“I don’t think I would lose,” Jordan said, “other than to Kobe Bryant because he steals all of my moves.”

Jordan was doing a promo for NBA 2K14 when he was initially asked about who he would like to play. During the promo, Ahmad Rashad asked Jordan about all the trash he talked during his career.

Jordan said “he didn’t trash talk unless he personally knew the player,” and that “he usually let his game do his talking.”

At that point Jordan revealed a hilarious story about trash talking to Rashad with an amazing twist.

According to Jordan, then Huntington, WV star OJ Mayo attended his basketball camp going into his Senior year in high school.

At that time Mayo was considered the top prep player in the country and someone who might have considered making the jump straight to the NBA if he was allowed.

Mayo like most McDonald’s All American was feeling himself and got caught up in talking trash to an older Michael Jordan while an audience was in range.

According to reports, Jordan played one game at about half speed against Mayo, but grew agitated by Mayo’s constant jawing at him.

At that point, Jordan sent all the other campers to bed accept Mayo, and proceeded to give O.J. an a** whooping he’d never forget.

Our friends over at Larry Brown Sports have obtained a copy of that one-on-one matchup, and take it from me, Michael treated young O.J. like he was Craig Ehlo.

During an interview with Bucks TV on Wednesday. Mayo gave his side of the story.

“I happened to be the only high school player [at the camp],” Mayo said. “It was mainly freshmen in college. So [Jordan] came on the court and he guarded me, so instantly I thought, ‘man, he must think I’m not the strong link over here.’ I got it going a little bit. Obviously it’s any ballplayer’s dream to play against Mike. I couldn’t tell you how many times I did his move.

“I got a few buckets and I think the campers knew I was only a high school kid, so they got rowdy a little bit. We got a little bit of jawing. We played two games — it was a team game. I think we split one and one. And then he said ‘OK, now let me handle my business.’ And he looked me in my face and I said ‘whatchu mean?’

“He said ‘I need all the campers and everybody to leave. Let’s clear the gym.’ And I said ‘oh man.’”

Mayo said at that point, Jordan flipped the switch.

“So we continued playing pickup, and Mike was Mike. He was jawing a little bit and really getting into me defensively. He was backing me down and said ‘you better scream for momma. Momma, momma!’” Mayo recalls Jordan chanting.

“He hit the famous fadeaway on me. So I said ‘OK, OK, you got it going.’

“And then he said, ‘Fella, let me tell you something. You may be the best high school player in the world, but I’m the greatest ever. Don’t you ever disrespect the great like that!”

You can see the lesson for yourself.

You gotta love MJ man.

LOL Mayo turned into liver spread

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            great.

after 9 years in the league, he finally has a post up move.

by 2021, he should have his 2nd one.

back-to-back championships and you still haven't watched him play yet. sigh

Comment

Lebron's best chance is to use his size and strength to post him MJ.

His face up 1 on 1 moves are limited.

MJ's superior hand and foot speed would force Lebron to go left and to take jumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
                That's cause Kobe isn't an actual threat to his greatness
                winner winner, chicken dinner.

Comment

Typical MJ ego

In other words: the only one who has a chance at beating me is some who plays like me.

Comment

one on one,

prime hakeem could take out MJ.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                      Lebron's best chance is to use his size and strength to post him MJ.

His face up 1 on 1 moves are limited.

MJ's superior hand and foot speed would force Lebron to go left and to take jumpers.

MJ doesn't even need to do all that...he was a notorious trash talker...he would just talk **** to Lebron and get in his head...game over

Comment

Working...
                      X