Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fernando Vargas Vs Miguel Cotto at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernando Vargas Vs Miguel Cotto at 154?

Who takes this? I think Vargas has more heart and determination. Also, Vargas is the bigger man. I believe Vargas pressures Cotto to quit. Vargas had good boxing technique and vicious body shots. I can see Cotto hanging on untill the 10th round. Vargas KO! Thoughts?!

Assuming a prime Vargas.

I'll pick Vargas via rape.

Comment

Pre-Trinidad Vargas was a beast, but Miguel is a hell of a boxer. I'd say it's a pick 'em.

I'll take Cotto, simply because I was a Golden Boy nuthugger back in the day and hated Tito.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Pre-Trinidad Vargas was a beast, but Miguel is a hell of a boxer. I'd say it's a pick 'em.

I'll take Cotto, simply because I was a Golden Boy nuthugger back in the day and hated Tito.
        I think cotto would take it on ring smarts,,, I like Vargas but was a
        Tito fan and it was hard for me to see
        Trinidad do him like that at such a young age,,, Vargas is the reason y these new Mexican fighters take so
        Long
        To fight good competition. Such as Canelo and Chavez jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlonr72 View Post
          I think cotto would take it on ring smarts,,, I like Vargas but was a
          Tito fan and it was hard for me to see
          Trinidad do him like that at such a young age,,, Vargas is the reason y these new Mexican fighters take so
          Long
          To fight good competition. Such as Canelo and Chavez jr.
          trinidad intentionally hit him below the belt when he was in trouble..

true story..

Comment

Prime vargas takes cotto to school. I love cotto but I think he loses. Def would be a brawl though.

Comment

Originally posted by andres aza View Post
              Who takes this? I think Vargas has more heart and determination. Also, Vargas is the bigger man. I believe Vargas pressures Cotto to quit. Vargas had good boxing technique and vicious body shots. I can see Cotto hanging on untill the 10th round. Vargas KO! Thoughts?!
              Why are people always assiociating Cotto with "lack of heart", "undetermined" and "quiting"?

Get hit with loaded golves/wraps and see what happends. Miguel has been down and got up and KO'd his opponents. Has been in war and returned victorious.

He took a knee, two times during the Margo fight, seeking for some air since he could not breathe through his nose and combined with the presure from Margo you do the math. Its not like he quit the fight, his corner threw the towell, not Miguel.

Now if it was like the just said "no mas" -Like Duran (not one is dragging his "quitting" on a daily basis like they do with Cotto. Is not like the quit on the stool like the "great" Julio C. Chavez Sr. or Oscar De La Hoya or Castillo, Rubio, Raul Marquez, etc. Not one is giving them hate on a daily basis.

This is ridiculous.

Miguel may not be the greatest ever, or the #1 P4P, but come on people he has giving us great wars, he comes to fight, each and every time and he is not ducking anyone.

Grow up and mature!

Comment

Vargas because he has more heart and doesn't quit

Comment

Vargas. Because he had a dumb ass haircut, played in movies, and was a juicier.

Comment

Man prime vargas is scary at 154 im taking el feroz.

Comment

Working...
                    X