Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why haven't we seen another Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is another tyson but not at heavyweight.

His name is Joan "Pequeno Tyson" Guzman

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Fiend View Post
      The decline of boxing?

Heavyweights to scared to mix it up?

I want answers!
      there are about 100 mike tysons right now, the only problem, they're playing in the NFL.

Comment

Tyson is one in a million. He was born a fighter his rage and anger made him what he is in boxing ring. Too bad he never learned. He could have been the greatest all time.

Comment

The closest hevyweight fighter ive ever seen to resemble tyson is David Tua.He's short in stature ,in fact a little shorter than tyson,has crazy knockout power and that exciting all out fighting style .Another is Ike Ibeabuchi,he had a lot of promise but unfortunately starting to hear voices in your head and seeing demons is not a good sign in this sport.

Comment

The decline of boxing?

I want answers!
            America's elite athletes don't box anymore. Just look at Eddie Chambers.

Comment

The decline of boxing?

I want answers!
              damato was training tyson since he was 12

Comment

1. No Cus

2. "Peek-a-boo" style of boxing takes a LOT out of you, you need to be in tremendous boxing condition for all that bobbing and weaving. Add that to the speed and power Tyson was putting into every punch, there's no question as to why he would tire in fights, even in his prime.

3. ^^To that point, heavyweights today are just too out of shape to do it

The main key IMHO comes down to conditioning

Comment

Tyson's so called peak , 86-88, was when B class fighters were challenging him. When Lennox Lewis and Holyfield popped up he was exposed. And personally, I refuse to believe any HW's prime is between 18 and 21. He cleaned up a bad/lousy era and was then found out.

Comment

Tyson is a product of unique circumstance, the upbringing, the physical attributes, the chemical imbalances, the knowledgeable trainer he had. These things just don't all come together everyday, but don't worry some different fighter brought to where he is by unique coincidence will come along someday.

Comment

The decline of boxing?

I want answers!

tyson is a monster that comes once in a century....

Comment

Working...
                      X