No announcement yet.

DLH's letter to Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Apparently Oscar is realizing the mistake he made with this letter and is now extending the proverbial olive branch to Floyd:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ampaign=boxing
    It's really just another example of how phony and disingenuous Oscar is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      The Marciano record was a "Heavyweight" mark not really an overall accomplishment. Some how over the past years its been a allied with Floyd, good marketing by him. Sugar Ray strung together two 80-0 markes in his career so 49 -0 doesnt exactly toot anyones horn.
      Larry Holmes going after Marciano's record was a big deal because he was a heavyweight.

Mayweather was a bore and the reason why is he was the Promoter, Manager, Matchmaker, Trainer and Fighter!
      I agree with Oscar, however Oscar had him beat and let him off. Yes Oscar was beyond his best but a major effort the last 5 rounds of their bout couldn't have had a huge influence on the way Mayweathers career carried on. That loss would have opened up the fans appreciation for Floyds talents because he would have displayed MORE of them. Mayweather had the tools to do more he just choose to be counter puncher against hand picked opponents he knew couldn't handle that defense.

Now Oscar just sounds like sour grapes anyway. He would have been fine if Floyd shared some of the events with Golden Boy production.

The letter at this time just sounds pathetic, let it go its history and its time for boxing to take the high road. This coming year we need to see all the top contenders taking chances against one another.
      Brook vs Khan
      Porter vs Broner
      Thurman vs Bradley
      Canelo/Coto vs GGG
      Koval vs Stevenson
      etc..............if theres great matches from some of these pairing we can get rematches with intrique instead of obvious results.
      Ray
      do
      Does sugar ray's steak include amateur fights combined with pros?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        It's really just another example of how phony and disingenuous Oscar is.
        Which part is disingenuous? The letter or the apology that followed with the reaching out to Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
          Glad I started this thread, it is a highly entertaining read i must say
          Did you say you got the letter from BJ Penn's site? As in probably the best lightweight in MMA history BJ Penn? Didn't know you watched MMA. And didn't know Penn was a boxing fan.

Comment

Which part is ? The letter or the apology that followed with the reaching out to Floyd?
            Both. He probably didn't even write the first and it's pretty much BS anyway. And the apology is just pathetic. IDK what it is about Floyd that turns Oscar into a silly woman. Maybe he's always wanted to be one. Based on those pics, I'd say that's exactly it.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Both. He probably didn't even write the first and it's pretty much BS anyway. And the apology is just pathetic. IDK what it is about Floyd that turns Oscar into a silly woman. Maybe he's always wanted to be one. Based on those pics, I'd say that's exactly it.

Comment

Did you say you got the letter from BJ Penn's site? As in probably the best lightweight in MMA history BJ Penn? Didn't know you watched MMA. And didn't know Penn was a boxing fan.
                yes i used to watch a lot of UFC and PRIDE, was a huge Sakuraba fan and admired BJ Penn's skills a lot just wished he took training seriously, he is the Young Griffo of MMA, fan of GSP and some others and I have no doubt fedor is the greatest. I have lost a lot of interest with it as DVDs are harder to get of UFC but do watch bellator a fair biy as its free to air in Oz.

Comment

Oh yes BJ admires boxing and did quite a bit of boxing training and had a great natural ability for it but Jiu Jitsu his major love.

Comment

Working...
                  X