No announcement yet.

Worst performance? Canelo or JMM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Duva View Post
    People still don't seem to be able to grasp the whole 'styles make fights' cliche. It's really not as straightforward as marching forward and throwing punches against a fellow world class professional. Even without pointing out the fact that you have to be wary of incoming punches yourself, you have to actually be able to be in range to land punches, and that's a lot easier said than done.

Marquez is a counter puncher who like most boxers in his style tend to struggle against boxers who force them out of their element and into trying to initiate the action and the exchanges. The fact that he's a bloated, 40 year old man and competing twenty pounds above his prime weight doesn't exactly help him a great deal, either.

As it is, this fight was nowhere near being the one-sided fight that Mayweather-Canelo fight was, and Marquez didn't enjoy anywhere near the sort of age and physical advantages that Alvarez had.
    But they both had their spirits broken a couple rounds into the fight. Spirit has nothing to do with age.

Comment

Marquez did the booty Dew so Id say MArquez! Mofo was doing a backwards crab walk plus he's a bitter loser.

Comment

Spirit means absolutely nothing when your body doesn't react to the way you want it. And in spite of that, Marquez actually closed the fight the stronger fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Duva View Post
          Spirit means absolutely nothing when your body doesn't react to the way you want it. And in spite of that, Marquez actually closed the fight the stronger fighter.
          If by closing the fight stronger, you mean whining about a fight that you obviously lost, then yes.

LOL

I wouldn't say that doing an Amir Khan dance in the final seconds of a fight is closing out strong.

LOL

Comment

Marquez-Bradley was actually a close fight. Neither guy was landing many shots. Both fighters were missing a lot. Bradley stuck to his game plan, and Marquez tried pressing the action. This fight was close, and the scorecards reflected that. I don't see how anyone had a dominating performance for Bradley. On what basis?

Canelo-Mayweather was competitive for the first 5 rounds. After that, Canelo fell into Mayweather's scheme and tried to press the action. He looked bad the rest of the fight.

I believe both Marquez and Canelo had the wrong plan of attack against their opponents, they should have et their opponents come to them. However, in Marquez case, Bradley wasn't doing much, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
              Marquez-Bradley was actually a close fight. Neither guy was landing many shots. Both fighters were missing a lot. Bradley stuck to his game plan, and Marquez tried pressing the action. This fight was close, and the scorecards reflected that. I don't see how anyone had a dominating performance for Bradley. On what basis?

Canelo-Mayweather was competitive for the first 5 rounds. After that, Canelo fell into Mayweather's scheme and tried to press the action. He looked bad the rest of the fight.

I believe both Marquez and Canelo had the wrong plan of attack against their opponents, they should have et their opponents come to them. However, in Marquez case, Bradley wasn't doing much, anyway.
              On the basis that Bradley did whatever he wanted and JMM followed around like a roided out, mexican puppy dog. This fight wasn't close.

Comment

Working...
              X