Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JMM, Canelo and Floyd fighting on Sep 14 - Canelo is smart!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why do people keep making these threads? No way Arum goes against Floyd on that date. Even Arum said it himself. No way GBP puts Canelo over Floyd when he's never even headlined a PPV. If Floyd wants it then he has it and no one will go against him. He's also in no way fighting Devon. Why do people act like Alexander is Floyd's only option? He has a ton of guys he can fight, including the 140 tourney which GBP would surely shaft for Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      And you're sure because? LOL
      Because they're both Golden Boy. Mayweather may not officially be Golden Boy, but we all know he is. Mayweather is the draw, and Alvarez isn't **** compared to him.

Golden Boy putting on 2 separate PPVs on the same night isn't happening. Mayweather will win if Alvarez wants a PPV the same night as Mayweather. That's not even a question.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Out of those fights, for me the most intriguing is JMM vs Bradley. I think Canelo vs Cotto would get the most PPV's though.

Floyd vs Alexander isn't that appealing to be honest.
        I'll buy the Marquez one I think cause I've been supporting him for years, but I see how a lot of people will pay to see Canelo vs Cotto.

If Mayweather loses to Guerrero then his rematch will be most anticipated or if Broner knocks out Paulie and then there is Broner vs May fight. These are big IFs though

Comment

Mayweather vs Alexander is a tough sell anyway you slice it. Guerrero is even a tough sell for casual fans, so I'm not sure why they'd take a step backwards.

Say what you will...but if Danny Garcia beats Zab and Floyd beats Guerrero, I won't be surprised to see this fight made for September.

Remember when we first heard rumblings about a Marquez vs Mayweather fight a month before it was announced and we were like

Day before the Pac vs Hatton fight:

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Because they're both Golden Boy. Mayweather may not officially be Golden Boy, but we all know he is. Mayweather is the draw, and Alvarez isn't **** compared to him.

Golden Boy putting on 2 separate PPVs on the same night isn't happening. Mayweather will win if Alvarez wants a PPV the same night as Mayweather. That's not even a question.
            What I think you're missing is that Alvarez like Mayweather is his own man, so if Golden Boy refuses to carry a pay per view for him, he might do it himself. I think Golden Boy knows that Canelo vs Cotto is a better product than May vs Alexander and by doing Canelo vs Cotto on pay per view they can make Alvarez a pay per view attraction now.

Comment

Sept 14th is Floyds date if he wants it. The only way Canelo fights that day is if hes fighting Floyd, fighting on Floyds undercard, or Floyd gives the date up.

Comment

Well it is Mexican Independence day weekend.
                In the past GBP has put on fights like Canelo vs. Lopez and Floyd vs JMM.
                If your Showtime do you really want to see Floyd vs. Alexander, a fight no one wants to see and would be panned from the time its announced, or Canelo vs. someone like Cotto or Angulo, the biggest Mexican draw that they won't have to shell out $30 million plus for?
                Hell if its Floyd vs Alexander or Garcia I could see Arum saying **** Golden Boy, JMM vs Bradley is going on Sept. 14th...

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  Sept 14th is Floyds date if he wants it. The only way Canelo fights that day is if hes fighting Floyd, fighting on Floyds undercard, or Floyd gives the date up.
                  Canelo can fight Cotto which a super event and this puts pressure on Floyd to fight Alvarez, which is a mega event. Canelo can fight Guerrero if Guerrero happens to be competitive against Floyd. Canelo can fight Molina when Molina beats Ishe. Floyd has realistically Danny Garcia and Devon. I don't care about Floyd vs Guerrero and I care even less if he were to fight Devon and/or Danny.

Comment

What I think you're missing is that Alvarez like Mayweather is his own man, so if Golden Boy refuses to carry a pay per view for him, he might do it himself. I think Golden Boy knows that Canelo vs Cotto is a better product than May vs Alexander and by doing Canelo vs Cotto on pay per view they can make Alvarez a pay per view attraction now.
                    Alvarez is a Golden Boy created hype machine. He isn't doing a damn thing without Golden Boy, and Golden Boy would have to be monumentally stupid to give him a PPV date over Mayweather.

Comment

1. Canelo has a contract under gbp. He cannot carry out his own promotion.
                      2. What opponent would sign on for that anyways? Cotto? Don't make me laugh. Cotto knows better.
                      3. What network would sign on for that? Telemundo? Bahabaha. U Canelo fans are delusional

Comment

Working...
                      X