No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: I Hope The Nation Gets Behind Me This Weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brook: I Hope The Nation Gets Behind Me This Weekend

British star Kell Brook is calling for a helping hand from boxing fans as he prepares to unleash the ‘Hand of Kell’ at Betfair’s This Is It in Sheffield on Saturday.

Ahead of his IBF welterweight World title final eliminator fight against Argentine Hector Saldivia, local hero Brook, 26, has launched an appeal for fans to send him messages of support via Twitter, as the nation seeks payback for Maradona’s famous ‘Hand of God’ in 1986.
    [Click Here To Read More]

They will if you win. Saldivia can bang though so don't sleep on him. Argentines don't play.

I'm actually starting to sense an upset to be honest.

Comment

I reckon if they used the Falklands war instead of Maradona's goal then it would invoke more support.

I cannot believe that Kell Brook is more known than Carl Froch over here, he's the one that should be asking for the nation to get behind him. I reckon Brook stops and looks good doing so. Needs to watch out for that right hand though and keep the chin down.

Comment

lol @ the hand of God goal

most boxing fans are too young to remember it, Simeone getting Beckham sent off in 1998 might be a better call...or just go all out and mention the war, Maidana did when he fought Khan

Comment

Khan running against maidana shows who brave englands are when they see white and lightblue colours

Comment

Working...
          X