• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana on Mark Hunt's title shot: "It's not gonna happen"

At the UFC Sweden post fight press conference

On the campaign: "They can keep rallying, it's not gonna happen"

On Mark Hunt: "It's not fair on him to throw him in with Junior Dos Santos"

On what happens if Hunt beats Struve: "If he get's past Struve, we'll try to get him to fight someone in the top 5"

Told you guys it's not going to happen and its unfair for Hunt (I'm a big hunt fan but its true)

its probably gonna be Frank Mir that gets the shot. he's the only other person that has done enough to earn another title shot.

I know ppl are gonna say Cain, but Cain hasn't fought since losing to JDS and they didn't exactly have a close fight that would warrant an immediate rematch.

IMO the most logical choice would be Mir right now.

Comment

Well so far Dana has said:

Cain vs. Mir WILL 100% HAPPEN
      JDS will 100% fight on the date booked.
      And now, Hunt is not getting the shot.

So unless he's lying about one of these jds will fight someone not named Mir,Cain,Hunt or most likely Overeem.

Very interesting.....

Comment

meh.. knew it wasnt going to happen, so f**k 146 if reem aint fighting

Comment

Used to love Hunt, I would pick his Pride version to win that fight. But now, I don't know if I see it.

Comment

So where the hell does that leave the title fight? What do they do now, pick some unknown, unranked or lower ranked fighter to fight for the heavyweight title, like in the movie Rocky?

Comment

Comment

Henderson is too small for lhw in my opinion. Putting him in with jds is a joke.

Beating an over the hill pudgy Fedor is not the same thing as competing at hw vs. the best at 41y of age.

We all know it's Frank Mir. But seeing as NSAC showed it's deep corruption this weekend with the Rios/Abril fiasco i guess they could grant Overeem a licence. I actually hope that happens as i have no moral qualms with fighters using steroids. It's hypocritical as everyone does it, but very few get caught.

Comment

Finally. Now we can put the ******ed notion of Hunt getting a titleshot at UFC 146 to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
                    Finally. Now we can put the ******ed notion of Hunt getting a titleshot at UFC 146 to rest.

lol

Comment

Working...
                    X