No announcement yet.

If Berto is smart, he'll target Clottey next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Berto is smart, he'll target Clottey next

It makes perfect sense. Right now I consider Berto a borderline figher. Not quite elite, but not a tomato can/C class either. Clottey on the other hand is without a doubt an elite WW. If Berto can get by him, he'll prove that he is elite. And if he can beat him impressively then he'll prove that he's a pretty good fighter. Clottey would like to return later this year, which happens to be when Berto is returning. He also wants a big name. Berto doesn't have many choices at this time, and giving someone like Mikes Jones a shot at his title would be a big risk, no reward fight. The wise choice would be Clottey. He doesn't have to worry about that 50/50 thing because Clottey won't be in it for the money, and its not like he even has the right to demand anything at this point.

Make it happen!

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
    It makes perfect sense. Right now I consider Berto a borderline figher. Not quite elite, but not a tomato can/C class either. Clottey on the other hand is without a doubt an elite WW. If Berto can get by him, he'll prove that he is elite. And if he can beat him impressively then he'll prove that he's a pretty good fighter. Clottey would like to return later this year, which happens to be when Berto is returning. He also wants a big name. Berto doesn't have many choices at this time, and giving someone like Mikes Jones a shot at his title would be a big risk, no reward fight. The wise choice would be Clottey. He doesn't have to worry about that 50/50 thing because Clottey won't be in it for the money, and its not like he even has the right to demand anything at this point.

Make it happen!
    Sounds nice,But hbo dont want that fight.They want mike jones and berto.
    WARRRRRRRR JONES

Comment

An L awaits Berto if he targets Clottey and he stands to make little money

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
        An L awaits Berto if he targets Clottey and he stands to make little money
        indeed

clottey called berto out openly in the post fight press conference of the judah fight

berto never even mentioned clotteys name, ever

this would be a great crossroads fight though, clottey is strong and defensively sound but has a low activity rate and fades due to his stamina issues, berto can win this if he takes advantage of these flaws

Comment

Good matchup. I'd be interested in this a lot more than Clottey's rematches with Cotto and/or Marg.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckless View Post
            Good matchup. I'd be interested in this a lot more than Clottey's rematches with Cotto and/or Marg.
            If clottey comes to fight,Like he did with cotto and margarito,Berto
            will be in trouble.

Comment

It would be a good measuring tool for Berto. Clottey gave Margarito and Cotto fits but was dominated by Pacquiao. I believe Clotey is moving to light middleweight but if a title opportunity came up first I bet he would take it.

Comment

Working...
              X