No announcement yet.

Mayweather's W over Marquez Looks So Good Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elmerochingon View Post
    i would like for mayweather to move up 2 weight clases and go against martinez/ggg. And if they win, it's not because of size, it'll because of the skill they posses.

+1 this right here...................

Comment

They'll never give Floyd credit. Even though he COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DOMINATED a younger Marquez after coming off a 2 year layoff.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
        I would like for Mayweather to move up 2 weight clases and go against Martinez/GGG. And if they win, it's not because of size, it'll because of the skill they posses.
        If they fight Floyd stepping back and countering him then yes they would win because of superior skill.

Comment

I credit a fighter for the fighter they fight on the day. Marquez plodded around the ring and was not at his best for the Mayweather fight. He's still Marquez, so it's still a good win, but I rank the win over Cotto higher. Cotto was on top of his game against Mayweather, and still got totally outclassed.

So the win vs Marquez was very good but his when he retires I'll look back at a few different fights as his absolute signature wins: vs Cotto, vs Hatton (again, Hatton performed pretty well in the early rounds of that fight but Mayweather's work was outstanding), and vs Corrales (one of the best performances I've ever seen). He was also punch-perfect against Mosley after about halfway through round three, and awesome in the second half of the fight vs Oscar, and also great against Corley and Gatti.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            If they fight Floyd stepping back and countering him then yes they would win because of superior skill.
            Haha, agreed.

Comment

being aware.doesn't change the fact that Floyd outweighed marquez by a substantial margin at a weight marquez had never fought before.

that's like Andre ward asking canelo Alvarez to fight him at a 165 catchweight and ward comes in at 167 anyway.

marquez jumped 2 weight classes.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

fighting Hatton is like ward asking martinez to fight at 168

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                  being aware.doesn't change the fact that Floyd outweighed marquez by a substantial margin at a weight marquez had never fought before.

that's like Andre ward asking canelo Alvarez to fight him at a 165 catchweight and ward comes in at 167 anyway.

marquez jumped 2 weight classes.

Yu have no idea what they weighed on fight night.

Comment

Can't believe some people still believe in triangle theories. Not to mention the weight discrepancy in that fight. But I gotta say Floyd is notorious for winning fights in fantasy land. He doesn't have to fight them. All he has to do is duck them. Thanks Floyd fans.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                      Can't believe some people still believe in triangle theories. Not to mention the weight discrepancy in that fight. But I gotta say Floyd is notorious for winning fights in fantasy land. He doesn't have to fight them. All he has to do is duck them. Thanks Floyd fans.
                      This wasn't a fantasy fight

Comment

Working...
                      X