No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has never beaten an elite fighter in his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
    Guerrero-Katsidis winner should face off against Acosta (Help him get back into the LW scene), Vazquez or Linares, since Linares needs to atleast do something, I'd want winner to face only those guys. To me, Soto, Rios would make easy work of Katsidis and Guerrero, so it'd be a waste in my opinion.

I know Soto has ignored a few guys, but he is still a pretty damn good fighter. Also I'm saying this because I doubt Katsidis is the same fighter anymore, he's taken alot of punishment, and also, Guerrero does not impress me one bit, I see no good attributes in him as a boxer.
    Here is what bothers me the most about Soto... he got embarrassed by Joan Guzman. No crime there, Guzman was beast mode in that fight. Okay, so a new mandatory comes along, who has some silky slickness to him in Anthony Peterson. Now I understand that it's a bad style matchup that you would just as soon ignore. Fair enough... I'm not thrilled that you are ducking your mandatory, but fair.

BUT NOW BRANDON RIOS IS YOUR MANDATORY. I can isolate literally no similarities between Rios and Peterson or Rios and Guzman. So now he is just ducking good fighters, and that pisses me off. Drop the belt you clit and two labia and **** off until you are ready to fight real fights against good fighters.

And yes, I agree, Katsidis is probably diminished. I also agree that Guerrero is eh at best. I bet on Casamayor to beat him... good call to me. I think Katsidis beats him and then likely loses to the titlist that he gets a fight with. I think Rios bodies him easily. I think he has a shot against Soto... don't forget, Katsidis has bombs in both fists, and Soto standing in front of him all night could mean Soto gets worn down before the final bell. I think Vazquez would be the wrong style for Katsidis, although who knows? It only takes one big shot. Katsidis vs. Acosta would be interesting just because Acosta has such a vulnerable chin. At the same time, Acosta's style would give Katsidis fits. That would be a fun fight for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
      I know it was on the temple. When I, and most others, say chin in reference to boxing, it means ability to take legal head punches, whether it be chin, temple or top of the head.

And it was indeed Miguel Vazquez.

I have never been more insulted in my life. Andre Berto is an *******, and I can't wait for the day when he loses his first fight. My heart was broken when the Mosley fight got called off, because that was going to be that for 0 in his loss column.

Yeah, HBO called Spadafora's tactics that took control of the fight against Sosa "softball tactics"... whatever the hell those are.

I actually have kind of lost interest with the sport of boxing to the point that I can't watch old fights if I know the result. It's kind of sad.

Fortunately, Adderall has me going crazy last night/this morning typing up long, informative posts based on previous knowledge. I haven't posted this much in one day since 2008 probably.
      That sucks man, my case is different, I be too lazy sometimes. For me, as soon as I click to watch one fight on Youtube, I end up watching many fights that instant, hours fly by.

Comment

Haven't seen that but he's fun to watch so I'll check it out
        its on youtube.

Comment

• Since this is the thread I have posted in that has gotten the most traffic, I'll say my goodbye here. I'm out for the day. I'm nearing 24 hours straight of being awake and need to get ready to go teach my class in a few hours.

Good seeing everyone around that I used to have so many good conversations about boxing in the past. Dominicano Soy, LarryX2011, VWebbJr. and Jim Jeffries (GZ!) are the four that come to mind, but some of it may be people changing their names since I was an overly active member.

Good talking to all of you, and if it is another few months before I go on a boxingscene binge, take care until I'm back next. Later guys.

EDIT: I know I know Walt Liquor from back in the day, but I can't put the things about your post that seem familiar with a screen name in my memory bank. Help me out by visitor message if you feel like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
            Here is what bothers me the most about Soto... he got embarrassed by Joan Guzman. No crime there, Guzman was beast mode in that fight. Okay, so a new mandatory comes along, who has some silky slickness to him in Anthony Peterson. Now I understand that it's a bad style matchup that you would just as soon ignore. Fair enough... I'm not thrilled that you are ducking your mandatory, but fair.

BUT NOW BRANDON RIOS IS YOUR MANDATORY. I can isolate literally no similarities between Rios and Peterson or Rios and Guzman. So now he is just ducking good fighters, and that pisses me off. Drop the belt you clit and two labia and **** off until you are ready to fight real fights against good fighters.

And yes, I agree, Katsidis is probably diminished. I also agree that Guerrero is eh at best. I bet on Casamayor to beat him... good call to me. I think Katsidis beats him and then likely loses to the titlist that he gets a fight with. I think Rios bodies him easily. I think he has a shot against Soto... don't forget, Katsidis has bombs in both fists, and Soto standing in front of him all night could mean Soto gets worn down before the final bell. I think Vazquez would be the wrong style for Katsidis, although who knows? It only takes one big shot. Katsidis vs. Acosta would be interesting just because Acosta has such a vulnerable chin. At the same time, Acosta's style would give Katsidis fits. That would be a fun fight for sure.
            I'm with you all the way until the bold

I don't think Acosta's chin is that bad, I think Acosta would fuck Katsidis up, I think Vazquez would defend against Katsidis's attacks and win a clear U.D, he's sort of a spoiler too. Soto has shown pretty good ability to box and counter, he won't stand in front of Katsidis until about the 6 or 7th round where Katsidis should be ready to go by then.

Damn, Guerrero really really doesn't impress, the only reason I'm leaning towards Katsidis to beat Guerrero, as oppose to comfortably picking him to win is because I don't know how diminished Katsidis is right now. Marquez put a serious beating on him, he ate some sick sick punches in that fight.

Comment

• Umm Diego Corralles was elite. He was ranked P4P Number 5. When Floyd destroyed him.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                Umm Diego Corralles was elite. He was ranked P4P Number 5. When Floyd destroyed him.
                Diego Corrales was good, but he was not really an elite fighter.

And Corrales was not in a good state of mind at the time. Remember, he was going to prison for assaulting his pregnant wife, so he was very distracted. It's interesting how Floyd never agreed to fight him until that particular time.

Comment

I'm with you all the way until the bold

I don't think Acosta's chin is that bad, I think Acosta would fuck Katsidis up, I think Vazquez would defend against Katsidis's attacks and win a clear U.D, he's sort of a spoiler too. Soto has shown pretty good ability to box and counter, he won't stand in front of Katsidis until about the 6 or 7th round where Katsidis should be ready to go by then.

Damn, Guerrero really really doesn't impress, the only reason I'm leaning towards Katsidis to beat Guerrero, as oppose to comfortably picking him to win is because I don't know how diminished Katsidis is right now. Marquez put a serious beating on him, he ate some sick sick punches in that fight.
                  couldn't agree more, but soto's movement isn't that good anymore. if he fights kats the way he did antillon, its gonna be a long night for soto.

im watching pito-spaddy right now at work.

dammit, I got sucked in!

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
                    Diego Corrales was good, but he was not really an elite fighter.

And Corrales was not in a good state of mind at the time. Remember, he was going to prison for assaulting his pregnant wife, so he was very distracted. It's interesting how Floyd never agreed to fight him until that particular time.
                    Tunney. We can't deny the facts though. He was elite. He was ranked over fighters like Hopkins, Morales, Hamed and Lennox Lewis when he fought Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      Tunney. We can't deny the facts though. He was elite. He was ranked over fighters like Hopkins, Morales, Hamed and Lennox Lewis when he fought Floyd.
                      Ricky Hatton was one ranked in the top 10 p4p, around 5-8 I believe. Was he an elite fighter?

Comment

Working...
                      X