Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Of These 2 Prospects Will Become A Bigger Star...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Of These 2 Prospects Will Become A Bigger Star...

Frankie Gomez

or Benavidez?

and yes...that's the same Ronnie Peterson that Gomez beat up on Saturday
    Frankie Gomez
    13.89%
    Jose Benavidez
    86.11%

If I had to bet money on one, I would go with Benevidez. I feel he has a higher ceiling due to his frame and physical gifts. Then you add that Roach is his trainer and the fact that he has Goodman and Trampler matching him with the right opponents that will allow him to develop as a fighter and to me it's obvious Jose will end up being better.

FWIW I honestly think most of the posters on NSB realize how important match making is in the development of fighters. It's the difference between getting exposed vs excelling in step up matches in a sense that if both fighters face the same guy and one has been fed tomato cans who do nothing for his career, while the other has faced guys that will improve him in certain areas, the latter will always excel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
      If I had to bet money on one, I would go with Benevidez. I feel he has a higher ceiling due to his frame and physical gifts. Then you add that Roach is his trainer and the fact that he has Goodman and Trampler matching him with the right opponents that will allow him to develop as a fighter and to me it's obvious Jose will end up being better.

FWIW I honestly think most of the posters on NSB realize how important match making is in the development of fighters. It's the difference between getting exposed vs excelling in step up matches in a sense that if both fighters face the same guy and one has been fed tomato cans who do nothing for his career, while the other has faced guys that will improve him in certain areas, the latter will always excel.

no argument here regarding the matchmakers

i've seen Benadivez fight live...the guy is the goods...but i'm also digging this Gomez kid...ferocious little prospect

Comment

I like them both

Looking forward to sparring jose when i go up the wildcard.. gonna smack that lol

both top fighters

Comment

I voted for Gomez but with Golden Boys track record of building prospects the future might not be so bright.

Comment

I caught benavidez the other night on a tape delay card. Wow he's gonna be something if he just keeps focused on boxing.

Comment

I like both prospects,But i'm leaning towards benavidez.Top rank does a
              great job at building there fighters.Goldenboy will probably make frankie
              fight victor ortiz by his tenth fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Comedian View Post
                I voted for Gomez but with Golden Boys track record of building prospects the future might not be so bright.

that's true...with GBPs track record, they might have Gomez fighting Devon Alexander by next year

Comment

Originally posted by The Comedian View Post
                  good point comedian. They really suck in this department. Any idea who their matchmaker is?

Comment

Jose,and quote me on this,Frankie will be the first to lose out of the two,Jose is better all around,i dont care if Frankie beat him in the amateurs,two different games,from what ive seen,Jose is the way better boxer/fighter

Comment

Working...
                    X