Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happen to All-Time-Great Lists 100 years from now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will happen to All-Time-Great Lists 100 years from now?

There's been a lot of great fighters in the last 100 years and there will be countless more in the next century.

I know it's fun to make and debate ATG lists, but what do you think people living in 2109 will do when they make their Top 100 and they have twice the number of fighters to consider?

Will some great fighters be left off lists simply because there's no room? Or will only the true best make it on people's lists? Will people in the future look down on our current best the same way we sometimes downplay the achievements of the old-timers?

What do you think?

THey will have a new top 100.... which will contain.... the too 100.

Comment

I don't care, i'll be dead.

It's entirely possible there won't BE a legitimate boxing scene in 100 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post
        There's been a lot of great fighters in the last 100 years and there will be countless more in the next century.

I know it's fun to make and debate ATG lists, but what do you think people living in 2109 will do when they make their Top 100 and they have twice the number of fighters to consider?

Will some great fighters be left off lists simply because there's no room? Or will only the true best make it on people's lists? Will people in the future look down on our current best the same way we sometimes downplay the achievements of the old-timers?

What do you think?
        Where`s that damned list, I have yet to see one after all these centuries. Link ???

People debating about the ATG list, it doesn`t exist yet, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Thwf View Post
          Where`s that damned list, I have yet to see one after all these centuries. Link ???

People debating about the ATG list, it doesn`t exist yet, right?
          The more I think about it, I think All-Time Favorite Fighters (and Reasons Why) are probably better lists. The ATG debates always get messy. I mean people can't even agree on Floyd, one boxer.

But, you're right. "All Time" Greatest List can't technically happen... until every great fighter in time has fought! Ha ha.

Comment

Working...
          X