Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we underestimate Margarito's skill?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we underestimate Margarito's skill?

Look at this video and he's not that bad as people here make him out to be skill wise.

I've gone sparring where he trains in Tijuana at the mojac boxing gym, Dude's a beast. I use to look up to him, He would help me out a lot when I was starting out. Ever since the Mosley scandal I've been pissed off at the ****ing cheater but just because of that incident doesn't mean he trains his ass off and works real hard at training. Now coming back from the incident and that horrible loss, He's coming back even stronger and with his skills sharpened.

Comment

you dont become world champion without being skilled

Comment

Originally posted by andres aza View Post
        Look at this video and he's not that bad as people here make him out to be skill wise.

His skills are inside fighting and pressuring, he can be outboxed and made to look like a fool if you make him miss and pay. He also doesn't have much of a defense.

Comment

Yes i've done this thread before and i'm glad i'm not th only one who think that.

Comment

I agree cuz I have heard some people put him on the same as Baldomir.

Margarito does everything better than Baldomir by miles...

So I never got that comparison, Margarito is/was much skillful than him....

But, i think Marg got underrated by some folks...

Comment

No we havent. Hes not a good boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                I agree cuz I have heard some people put him on the same as Baldomir.

Margarito does everything better than Baldomir by miles...

So I never got that comparison, Margarito is/was much skillful than him....

But, i think Marg got underrated by some folks...
                Actually not.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
                  Actually not.
                  Actually yes

whatever Baldomir could do, Margarito could 1 or 2 levels better.

Comment

He has very good footwork, an underrated jab and right hand, knows how to parry and turn w/ punches better than anyone I can think of and knows how to set up power shots.

You don't become 3 time WW champion and stay in the top 5 WW rankings for a decade without any skill.

Comment

Working...
                    X