No announcement yet.

Better Resume Bradley or Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kel1981 View Post
    Bradley. This question is almost stupid.
    I wanted to see how people felt on here since nobody is talking about Bradley as much as they use to.

Comment

Resume talk is weird since some privileged fighters just get every opponent they want, while others are ducked like the plague, also Resume doesnt usually involve how impressive you win a fight or if you travel or only fight in your backyard.

Ward's resume is worthless until he proves he is a real champion by fighting in a dangerous opponents backyard/country. Everyone can win at home, its the most underestimated advantage a fighter can have with the crowd, judges, ref etc.

Every single fight in the whole Super 6 tournament was won by the home fighter. Froch won vs Dirrel in the UK. Abraham won vs Taylor in Germany. Kessler won vs Froch in Denmark. Would these fights have been different in the other guys backyard? Probably, and of course with Ward being the only guy to have every fight in his homecountry he won all these fights. There's a reason Ward ducked the rematch against Froch in England.

Comment

Bradley has the better resume but Ward is a better fighter

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
          Do you guys think Bradley has a HOF worthy resume right now? Or more work to do?
          He does but media is against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            Resume talk is weird since some privileged fighters just get every opponent they want, while others are ducked like the plague, also Resume doesnt usually involve how impressive you win a fight or if you travel or only fight in your backyard.

Ward's resume is worthless until he proves he is a real champion by fighting in a dangerous opponents backyard/country. Everyone can win at home, its the most underestimated advantage a fighter can have with the crowd, judges, ref etc.

Every single fight in the whole Super 6 tournament was won by the home fighter. Froch won vs Dirrel in the UK. Abraham won vs Taylor in Germany. Kessler won vs Froch in Denmark. Would these fights have been different in the other guys backyard? Probably, and of course with Ward being the only guy to have every fight in his homecountry he won all these fights. There's a reason Ward ducked the rematch against Froch in England.
            I like how you excuse Golovkin bum fighting and discredit Ward beating Kovalev before it even happens.

Comment

I say Ward. Bradley has a long list of names that people recognize but none of them are better wins than Carl Froch.

Bradley's run at 140 was highlighted by Witter, Peterson and Alexander. Good wins but are any of those guys going to the hall of fame? Are they pound for pound caliber fighters? Ward's run at 168 was stronger than Timmy's at 140.

Now let's go to 147. Marquez...full credit but keep it in perspective. Marquez was a part time welterweight. Outside of that you got Rios, Vargas and Ruslan. He hasn't fought the other top welterweights. He's been nothing more than a WBO paper title holder.

So the way I see it, Bradley has the deeper resume from being more active, but Ward has the better wins, cleaned out his division and has been way more impressive in victory.

I love Bradley. Future hall of famer. Buts there's levels to this ****.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
                I wanted to see how people felt on here since nobody is talking about Bradley as much as they use to.
                Boxing fans are groupies, they'd rather embrace an undefeated fraud like Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  Bradley. But Ward is the much better fighter. Bradley just benefits from fighting in the most talent heavy divisions in boxing. Tho this may change in Nov.
                  I agree with this.. Also hurts Ward that he was inactive for awhile and bradley was racking up wins over marquez, vargas, ruslan

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    I say Ward. Bradley has a long list of names that people recognize but none of them are better wins than Carl Froch.

Bradley's run at 140 was highlighted by Witter, Peterson and Alexander. Good wins but are any of those guys going to the hall of fame? Are they pound for pound caliber fighters? Ward's run at 168 was stronger than Timmy's at 140.

Now let's go to 147. Marquez...full credit but keep it in perspective. Marquez was a part time welterweight. Outside of that you got Rios, Vargas and Ruslan. He hasn't fought the other top welterweights. He's been nothing more than a WBO paper title holder.

So the way I see it, Bradley has the deeper resume from being more active, but Ward has the better wins, cleaned out his division and has been way more impressive in victory.

I love Bradley. Future hall of famer. Buts there's levels to this ****.
                    He's not a paper champ, he beat Marquez who knocked out Manny, so if you say Bradley was given a gift than Bradley beat Marquez who was the rightful WBO champ.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                      He's not a paper champ, he beat Marquez who knocked out Manny, so if you say Bradley was given a gift than Bradley beat Marquez who was the rightful WBO champ.
                      Mayweather was the man to beat. Marquez knocked out the top contender for Floyd's throne

Comment

Working...
                      X