No announcement yet.

cerrone vs dos anjos predictions !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    After landing that left hand in the 1st round that busted Dos Santos' nose, I thought I saw a look of satisfaction on Overeem face like, "my game plan is working." I thought the stoppage in the 2nd was a little early. Either way, both guys were tentative, but that was Overeem's game plan and Dos Santos got caught good. We know Overeem can come back from a KO, not sure about Dos Santos though. He took two beatings against Cain, war against Stipe, and now this.

I thought the stoppage for Dos Anjos and Cerrone was fair though. Most of the shots were blocked at the end, but Dos Anjos already landed a lot of shots beforehand, and you can tell by Cerrone's body language that he wanted out. Dos Anjos is a family man and doesn't talk trash or mess around, I like him. Conor better stay at Featherweight for now.

And lol at Diaz's speech at the end of his fight. I'm sure Dana wasn't too happy, then again he 's never happy with anything the Diaz bros do, lol. That was definitely fight of the night. Johnson was game, but Diaz just had that range. He got off first and made Johnson miss a lot of counters.

The overeem vs dos santos stoppage might have been a bit premature and the dos anjos vs cerrone I had no problem with it. As you said cerrone wanted fight to be stopped.
    the diaz vs johnson fight was super entertaining haha. I never liked Diaz bros
    but can't deny they're entertaining as hell And those one two combos were just so nice to look at especially when johnson couldnt even reach diaz and get countered with a 1,2 to the face.

Comment

I missed the Nate Diaz fight, but got there right after the fight had ended & seeing Diaz I thought for sure he had lost as his eye was all dinged up & the other guy looked like he had just went for a jog or something. Surprised me when it was 2-1 for Diaz. Hilarious speech by Diaz post fight & Rogan had to keep the mic away from him. Diaz brothers just don't got any f#cks to gives. Seemed like everyone on that show except Overeem was auditioning for a McGregor fight lol.

Solid strategy by Overeem that I thought wasn't gonna work til JDS face started coming off slowly with each punch in the late first round. I thought the stoppage was good. Couldn't argue if it was allowed go on, but I suspect we were literally seconds away from a conclusive ending regardless with how effed up JDS was.

I believe he's out of contract with the UFC now so should be interesting to see if he leaves the UFC with that new drug policy (I think The Reem is one of the most obvious PED users in the sport) that is either gonna make his coming decline come on quicker if he's not using or get him banned for a couple years if he gets caught.

And shocked with how easily RDA took out Cerrone. Just pure destruction. After dogging him about his lack of ability with ending fights I thought he looked like a whole new cat in this fight. Sounded like Cerrone had some personal **** with his grandmother that could have easily been f#cking with him which is just bad timing for him with him finally getting a UFC title shot.
      Last edited by Eff Pandas; 12-20-2015, 10:31 AM.

Comment

You guys will know better than me, but if Overeem remains with UFC, does that win get him into a position for a title fight?

He's 4-1 in his last 5, he was the last guy to beat Werdum (2011 I believe) and he just became the first guy to knock out JDS who was the #2 ranked HW.

If he fights smart, he can beat any of these guys. It's just his lapses in concentration that you have to be worried about.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I missed the Nate Diaz fight, but got there right after the fight had ended & seeing Diaz I thought for sure he had lost as his eye was all dinged up & the other guy looked like he had just went for a jog or something. Surprised me when it was 2-1 for Diaz. Hilarious speech by Diaz post fight & Rogan had to keep the mic away from him. Diaz brothers just don't got any f#cks to gives. Seemed like everyone on that show except Overeem was auditioning for a McGregor fight lol.

Solid strategy by Overeem that I thought wasn't gonna work til JDS face started coming off slowly with each punch in the late first round. I thought the stoppage was good. Couldn't argue if it was allowed go on, but I suspect we were literally seconds away from a conclusive ending regardless with how effed up JDS was.

I believe he's out of contract with the UFC now so should be interesting to see if he leaves the UFC with that new drug policy (I think The Reem is one of the most obvious PED users in the sport) that is either gonna make his coming decline come on quicker if he's not using or get him banned for a couple years if he gets caught.

And shocked with how easily RDA took out Cerrone. Just pure destruction. After dogging him about his lack of ability with ending fights I thought he looked like a whole new cat in this fight. Sounded like Cerrone had some personal **** with his grandmother that could have easily been f#cking with him which is just bad timing for him with him finally getting a UFC title shot.
          LOL yeaa that interview was hilarious .. Diaz sounds like a drunk guy threatening someone or how I would sound threatening someone in English but you gotta take him seriously, pretty good performance vs a strong opponent.
          Well Overeem has deflated a lot since he came to the UFC. What makes you think he's still on the juice?
          I wasn't really too shocked with the RDA vs Cerrone outcome and how fast it came. I was kinda expecting Dos Anjos to do the same to Cerrone what he did to Benson..

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            You guys will know better than me, but if Overeem remains with UFC, does that win get him into a position for a title fight?

He's 4-1 in his last 5, he was the last guy to beat Werdum (2011 I believe) and he just became the first guy to knock out JDS who was the #2 ranked HW.

If he fights smart, he can beat any of these guys. It's just his lapses in concentration that you have to be worried about.
            Yes, he sure could get a title shot but just gotta wait and perhaps have another fight since Cain is first in line to have a rematch for the title vs Werdum. And since Overeem hasn't fought for the UFC title yet, chances are high he'll be getting that title shot

Comment

Originally posted by southcentralcar View Post
              Well Overeem has deflated a lot since he came to the UFC. What makes you think he's still on the juice?
              I didn't break that down well. I didn't intend to suggest he's juicing still.

I guess what I mean to say is Reem came to the UFC all ready to juice & test himself vs the best guys. He ended up getting popped & he has since "deflated" lol as you mentioned. He got blown out a bunch of times afterwards. He gots a lil win streak going now although its mostly eh type opposition outside of JDS (although plenty of people have been saying he's done after those brutal fights he had with Cain).

But now there is even more serious drug testing going on so he definitely can't use now & I think he might not wanna go back to those upper tier UFC guys & get KTFO as I suspect he would & may wanna go elsewhere to close out this career where he stands a better shot now that he can play the market with all this arguably anti-fighter stuff happening (24/7/365 drug testing, ****ty Reebok sponsor situation).

Also you probably know he's wanted to fight Fedor & with Fedor back I think he'd love to secure that fight if he can so I think he'll make a play at getting into whatever league Fedor is fighting with now (Bellator? or some group connected with Bellator?) & it'll just be part of the upside that there will likely be less drug testing in that league so don't expect to see that lil beer gut he had last night next time is what I was getting at.

Comment

Just watched the fight. Cerrone just didn't want to be in there at all. He got hit once really good and just stopped fighting. Just looking for an out.

Conor was right about him too. Stiff as a board. Cerrone just needed head movement and would have been fine but nope. Just stood there to be hit.

Who gets the next 155 title shot? Would love to see Bendo back in there but I don't think he has signed a new contract yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I didn't break that down well. I didn't intend to suggest he's juicing still.

I guess what I mean to say is Reem came to the UFC all ready to juice & test himself vs the best guys. He ended up getting popped & he has since "deflated" lol as you mentioned. He got blown out a bunch of times afterwards. He gots a lil win streak going now although its mostly eh type opposition outside of JDS (although plenty of people have been saying he's done after those brutal fights he had with Cain).

But now there is even more serious drug testing going on so he definitely can't use now & I think he might not wanna go back to those upper tier UFC guys & get KTFO as I suspect he would & may wanna go elsewhere to close out this career where he stands a better shot now that he can play the market with all this arguably anti-fighter stuff happening (24/7/365 drug testing, ****ty Reebok sponsor situation).

Also you probably know he's wanted to fight Fedor & with Fedor back I think he'd love to secure that fight if he can so I think he'll make a play at getting into whatever league Fedor is fighting with now (Bellator? or some group connected with Bellator?) & it'll just be part of the upside that there will likely be less drug testing in that league so don't expect to see that lil beer gut he had last night next time is what I was getting at.
                  Yea that surely could happen. Well if he leaves the ufc and instantly becomes this shredded 240lbs monster again it will be obvious that the organisation he'll be fighting for has really weak drug testing.
                  But I really hope he stays in the UFC..

Comment

Working...
                  X