No announcement yet.

ufc 194 results.. my opinion..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JulianQ View Post
    Was also rooting for Aldo. I think Conor's mind games got to him - was out of character to see Aldo rush in so reckless at the start of a fight. Left himself wide open and was similar to Rousey rushing Holly Holm. Except that Conor has one punch KO power.

I've been a long time Rockhold fan since Strikeforce days so was happy to see him win.
    EXACTLY ! He rushed face first.. I wish the fight would've lasted longer to see who's actually more skilled. And yea, I believe he was effected by mcgregors talking even though he looked calm and composed before the fight

Comment

Originally posted by southcentralcar View Post
      EXACTLY ! He rushed face first.. I wish the fight would've lasted longer to see who's actually more skilled. And yea, I believe he was effected by mcgregors talking even though he looked calm and composed before the fight
      Just stop it man, Aldo has always rushed in with that combo. He's done it in all the fights i've watched him in. The difference this time is he was in against a bigger opponent with a longer reach and Conor was able to time that rush beautifully. If you still don't know who's the better striker at this point, it's a lost cause. In the other thread you created you seemed to overlook Conor's advantages and gave him no shot when everyone was saying he was too big for Aldo. Even now you still don't seem to give him any credit and basically just putting all the blame on Aldo for losing the fight. To me it seemed you were basing your prediction on who you liked more and completely disregarded everything Conor brought to the table because he's a ****y SOB an dyou didn't like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
        On a couple of MMA forums, people were "Congratulating Rockhold despite him being a scumbag!!"

I might have missed something along the way but what's Rockhold done to be labelled a scumbag?
        Rockhold is definitely not a scumbag, just kind of a douchebag. Different kind of bag.

All joking aside, some fans think he's arrogant which is ironic cause his attitude isn't much different than Weidman's. Nowhere near Conor or Rousey's level though.

And he's tall, handsome with a great physique. And a lot of MMA (actually UFC) fans look more like Roy Nelson and Forrest Griffin, so it's understandable that a lot of them would hate Rockhold.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          Rockhold is definitely not a scumbag, just kind of a douchebag. Different kind of bag.

All joking aside, some fans think he's arrogant which is ironic cause his attitude isn't much different than Weidman's. Nowhere near Conor or Rousey's level though.

And he's tall, handsome with a great physique. And a lot of MMA (actually UFC) fans look more like Roy Nelson and Forrest Griffin, so it's understandable that a lot of them would hate Rockhold.
          I was supporting Weidman but I've never really got a douchebag or scumbag vibe from Rockhold. Great fight and Rockhold looked superb. Should have been stopped at the end of the 3rd. Weidman's face was a mess. Loved Weidman's "Shut up Dad" look he had on his face after his Dad started shoutin he was still his son at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout15 View Post
            Just stop it man, Aldo has always rushed in with that combo. He's done it in all the fights i've watched him in. The difference this time is he was in against a bigger opponent with a longer reach and Conor was able to time that rush beautifully. If you still don't know who's the better striker at this point, it's a lost cause. In the other thread you created you seemed to overlook Conor's advantages and gave him no shot when everyone was saying he was too big for Aldo. Even now you still don't seem to give him any credit and basically just putting all the blame on Aldo for losing the fight. To me it seemed you were basing your prediction on who you liked more and completely disregarded everything Conor brought to the table because he's a ****y SOB an dyou didn't like him.
            you might be right.. Im bias when it comes to mcgregor. I dont like the guy. I was scared that conor might win this way and I commented in that other thread that the only way I see him winning is by a quick ko/tko .. Props to him but the next fight I'll be rooting against him again LOL

Comment

I was supporting Weidman but I've never really got a douchebag or scumbag vibe from Rockhold. Great fight and Rockhold looked superb. Should have been stopped at the end of the 3rd. Weidman's face was a mess. Loved Weidman's "Shut up Dad" look he had on his face after his Dad started shoutin he was still his son at the end.
              LOL what? i didn't hear his dad shout that. ) Imagine how messed up it would've been if he shouted you're not my son anymore

Comment

LOL what? i didn't hear his dad shout that. ) Imagine how messed up it would've been if he shouted you're not my son anymore
                It was right after Weidman's interview, his Dad grabbed the mic and shouted "He's still mah sooooooonnnnnnn!!!!" Weidman looked at him and was like WTF? Yeah would be funny if he cast him out because he lost. Win the belt back and you can be my son again!!

Comment

It was right after Weidman's interview, his Dad grabbed the mic and shouted "He's still mah sooooooonnnnnnn!!!!" Weidman looked at him and was like WTF? Yeah would be funny if he cast him out because he lost. Win the belt back and you can be my son again!!
                  lol hahahha D he would be father of the year

Comment

Aldo is an ATG, he's dominated the best for 10 years, so yeah it was hard to see a 10 year reign end in just over 10 seconds.

But Conor said during the final presser that Aldo's right would be his opportunity.
                    "I felt when we stared down, I felt his right hand was twitching, which was a subtle tell for me. He's ready to unload that right hand and I feel that could be a downfall for him. If he lets that right hand go, I will not be there …

Comment

you might be right.. Im bias when it comes to mcgregor. I dont like the guy. I was scared that conor might win this way and I commented in that other thread that the only way I see him winning is by a quick ko/tko .. Props to him but the next fight I'll be rooting against him again LOL
                      Lol, it was pretty obvious but that's not a good way to bet on fights man. You are going to lose money betting that way. To tell you the truth I'm not a big fan of Conor's antics myself and In the back of my mind I was hoping Aldo would destroy him. I feel bad for Aldo, maybe he'll do better in a rematch since all the pressure of being the champion is now gone. MMA is such a crazy unpredictable sport, especially with those 4 oz gloves.

Comment

Working...
                      X